Catalog for restoration gives me 0% byte count but 100% successful - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalog for restoration gives me 0% byte count but 100% successful - Veritas Backup Exec ; I want to restore a file from a tape. First I inventory the tape, and then I catalog the tape. When I click on the "restore selection" tab, I don't see anything. When I open "properties for the "Catalog" job ...

  1. Catalog for restoration gives me 0% byte count but 100% successful

    I want to restore a file from a tape. First I inventory the tape, and then
    I catalog the tape. When I click on the "restore selection" tab, I don't
    see anything. When I open "properties for the "Catalog" job that I created
    for that tape, the log file would says, "The media for sequence number 1
    in this media family has not been inventoried. No sets on this media may
    be cataloged." Please help

    Rihana

  2. Re: Catalog for restoration gives me 0% byte count but 100% successful

    What version are you running, and is this part of a multi-reel save set?

    Ken McNulty

    Rihana Halim wrote in message <385a73a9@hronntp01.>...

    >I want to restore a file from a tape. First I inventory the tape, and then
    >I catalog the tape. When I click on the "restore selection" tab, I don't
    >see anything. When I open "properties for the "Catalog" job that I created
    >for that tape, the log file would says, "The media for sequence number 1
    >in this media family has not been inventoried. No sets on this media may
    >be cataloged." Please help
    >
    >Rihana

  3. Re: Catalog for restoration gives me 0% byte count but 100% successful

    I have the same problem but another error message:
    "This backup set has already been cataloged."

    Catalog 0 bytes and successful. Still can't find the catalog.
    The tapes I try to cataolg is an Exchange backup, I don't know if that has
    anything to do with the case. I'm running BE 7.3 bld 2575 with no patches.

    "Ken McNulty" wrote:
    >What version are you running, and is this part of a multi-reel save set?
    >
    >Ken McNulty
    >
    >Rihana Halim wrote in message <385a73a9@hronntp01.>...
    >>

    >>I want to restore a file from a tape. First I inventory the tape, and

    then
    >>I catalog the tape. When I click on the "restore selection" tab, I don't
    >>see anything. When I open "properties for the "Catalog" job that I created
    >>for that tape, the log file would says, "The media for sequence number

    1
    >>in this media family has not been inventoried. No sets on this media may
    >>be cataloged." Please help
    >>
    >>Rihana

+ Reply to Thread