Unable to Attach to SQL for restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to Attach to SQL for restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to restore the master db on a SQL server 6.5 from another server running backupexec 7.3 enterprise. When I restart the SQL server in single-user mode it will not let me connect to restore the master db. If ...

  1. Unable to Attach to SQL for restore

    I'm trying to restore the master db on a SQL server 6.5 from another server
    running backupexec 7.3 enterprise. When I restart the SQL server in single-user
    mode it will not let me connect to restore the master db. If I start the
    SQL server in normal mode and try to restore, it tells me I must be in single-user
    mode. Any suggestions ?

  2. Re: Unable to Attach to SQL for restore

    Make sure that SQL Executive Service is stopped.
    Did you start the SQL Server in single user mode from command line somehow
    like:
    sqlservr.exe /c /m /d c:\mssql\data\master.dat

    "WC Powell" wrote:

    >I'm trying to restore the master db on a SQL server 6.5 from another server
    >running backupexec 7.3 enterprise. When I restart the SQL server in single-user
    >mode it will not let me connect to restore the master db. If I start the
    >SQL server in normal mode and try to restore, it tells me I must be in single-user
    >mode. Any suggestions ?

  3. Re: Unable to Attach to SQL for restore

    Try restoring to an alternate path, using the original path but replacing
    the computer name with it's IP address.....

    Leighton

    "WC Powell" wrote:

    >I'm trying to restore the master db on a SQL server 6.5 from another server
    >running backupexec 7.3 enterprise. When I restart the SQL server in single-user
    >mode it will not let me connect to restore the master db. If I start the
    >SQL server in normal mode and try to restore, it tells me I must be in single-user
    >mode. Any suggestions ?

+ Reply to Thread