disabling backup exec virus scanning? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on disabling backup exec virus scanning? - Veritas Backup Exec ; one night i came in and saw some kind of seagate backup exec virus scan taking place. i never saw any settings for this, or even approved it. we have another virus program. any idea how to disable this? thanks!...

  1. disabling backup exec virus scanning?

    one night i came in and saw some kind of seagate backup exec virus scan taking
    place. i never saw any settings for this, or even approved it. we have
    another virus program.

    any idea how to disable this?

    thanks!

  2. Re: disabling backup exec virus scanning?

    ken,

    thanks for your quick response! we are running backup exec 7.0, and i don't
    see that option in the advanced tab--and can't find a virus related option
    anywhere else. any other ideas?

    thanks again,

    Fred

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Edit your job. Select the advanced tab, 2/3 of the way down you should

    uncheck
    >"Perform Virus Scan"
    >
    >fred rosenberg wrote:
    >
    >> one night i came in and saw some kind of seagate backup exec virus scan

    taking
    >> place. i never saw any settings for this, or even approved it. we have
    >> another virus program.
    >>
    >> any idea how to disable this?
    >>
    >> thanks!

+ Reply to Thread