NT Agent List Blank - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NT Agent List Blank - Veritas Backup Exec ; Running a fresh install of BE NT Multi-Server 7.3. The Backup agents list is blank eventhough there are many agents installed on our network and functional doing accelerated backups. In Unix there is a TELL function, which seems to work ...

  1. NT Agent List Blank

    Running a fresh install of BE NT Multi-Server 7.3. The Backup agents list
    is blank eventhough there are many agents installed on our network and
    functional doing accelerated backups. In Unix there is a TELL function,
    which seems to work for Unix, but NT doesn't list and announce. Any ideas?

    Yes, TCP/IP is turned on in the BE options.

    Thanks
    John Jester

  2. Re: NT Agent List Blank

    Thanks for the info.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > If you are refering to NT agents, either NYW or NTS, they will
    > not show up under the Agents tree.
    >
    > Just be sure that the BEREMOTE service is installed and running
    > on each target NT machine, and that the job log says "performing
    > accellerated backup"
    >
    > To select them, just browse in the select pane.

+ Reply to Thread