Cannot restore Exchange Mailbox - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot restore Exchange Mailbox - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I'm trying to restore a mailbox but no luck. I'm following what the the Admin book is saying but I'm not sure if i'm missing something. 1. User NT account is active. 2. Backup account as Admin rights 3. ...

  1. Cannot restore Exchange Mailbox

    Hi,

    I'm trying to restore a mailbox but no luck. I'm following what the
    the Admin book is saying but I'm not sure if i'm missing something.

    1. User NT account is active.
    2. Backup account as Admin rights
    3. MSEXCHANGEA service is running.

    What are the exact step for recovering a single mailbox on the Exchange
    server. Backupexec software is not running on Exchange Server.

    I'm little afraid to ask this question. In my backup, I'm getting
    somes files that are skipped like exchsrvr\MDBDATA\PUB.EDB and
    exchsrvr\MDBDATA\PRIV.EDB just to name somes. Could these files
    has anything to do with my problem.

    Thanks for the help

    Rod

  2. Re: Cannot restore Exchange Mailbox

    Hi,
    In regards to the files being skipped, I think the problem might be that
    you are doing a full backup of the drive (in our case e$) in which Exchange
    is installed. The .edb files are a form of databases, pub.edb being the public
    information store and priv.edb being the private information store. He's
    how we fixed the same problem. Under job selections (in BENT) and under the
    computer name and drive where Exchange is installed, remove the check under
    the folder \exchsrvr (you should also see three folders in here called \dsadata,
    \mdbdata, and mtadata.) Now make sure a check is placed next to the Microsoft
    Exhange Directory, Microsoft Exchange Information Store, and the Mailboxes
    folders.
    Hope this helps,
    Mitch
    "Rodey" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm trying to restore a mailbox but no luck. I'm following what the
    >the Admin book is saying but I'm not sure if i'm missing something.
    >
    >1. User NT account is active.
    >2. Backup account as Admin rights
    >3. MSEXCHANGEA service is running.
    >
    >What are the exact step for recovering a single mailbox on the Exchange

    >server. Backupexec software is not running on Exchange Server.
    >
    >I'm little afraid to ask this question. In my backup, I'm getting
    >somes files that are skipped like exchsrvr\MDBDATA\PUB.EDB and
    >exchsrvr\MDBDATA\PRIV.EDB just to name somes. Could these files
    >has anything to do with my problem.
    >
    >Thanks for the help
    >
    >Rod

+ Reply to Thread