Installed SP6 and now cannot back-up with BENT. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installed SP6 and now cannot back-up with BENT. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Just installed SP6 this past weekend. Go to check on my back-up's and all I get is a 'pending' for Job Status. There is no increasing byte count, there is no log file except to show what back-up server ...

  1. Installed SP6 and now cannot back-up with BENT.

    Hi,

    Just installed SP6 this past weekend. Go to check on my back-up's and all
    I get is a 'pending' for Job Status. There is no increasing byte count,
    there is no log file except to show what back-up server BENT is installed
    on. There is no activity associated with the drives light - it is not blinking.

    I have changed the tapes. Services are running without issue. No errors
    upon reboot. All selections are selected for my incremental back-up also.
    SCSI device present, driver operational - no problems with that.

    Specks:

    NT4 Server with SP6 applied
    RAID 5
    512 memory
    31 gigs hd space
    HP 1537A tape device with HP C5708A 24GB tapes

    I have run HP's Tape Tools program and everything shows me that the device
    is working without issue. This has just happened after installing SP6 is
    this product current with SP6?

    Thanks for any and all assistance,

    Erik
    Sys Admin

  2. Re: Installed SP6 and now cannot back-up with BENT.

    Have you tried Service Pack 6a? There were a number of issues with SP6.
    -Brian

    "Erik L. Vesneski" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Just installed SP6 this past weekend. Go to check on my back-up's and all
    > I get is a 'pending' for Job Status. There is no increasing byte count,
    > there is no log file except to show what back-up server BENT is installed
    > on. There is no activity associated with the drives light - it is not blinking.
    >
    > I have changed the tapes. Services are running without issue. No errors
    > upon reboot. All selections are selected for my incremental back-up also.
    > SCSI device present, driver operational - no problems with that.
    >
    > Specks:
    >
    > NT4 Server with SP6 applied
    > RAID 5
    > 512 memory
    > 31 gigs hd space
    > HP 1537A tape device with HP C5708A 24GB tapes
    >
    > I have run HP's Tape Tools program and everything shows me that the device
    > is working without issue. This has just happened after installing SP6 is
    > this product current with SP6?
    >
    > Thanks for any and all assistance,
    >
    > Erik
    > Sys Admin