Upgrading BENT 7.2 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrading BENT 7.2 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I started to upgrade BENT 7.2 to the latest 7.3 upgrade, but I stopped when it didn't auto detect my serial numbers. I thought it didn't find my old version, then I would have to set up all my jobs ...

  1. Upgrading BENT 7.2

    I started to upgrade BENT 7.2 to the latest 7.3 upgrade, but I stopped when
    it didn't auto detect my serial numbers. I thought it didn't find my old
    version, then I would have to set up all my jobs again (something I want to
    avoid at all cost).

    Now my main install says that its an evaluation copy. Does that mean that
    it did see the 7.2 install? Should it see my installed serial numbers? If
    I proceed will I need to set up all my jobs again?

    Any guidance would be appreciated,

    John

  2. Re: Upgrading BENT 7.2

    So if it is V7.01, what would the proper upgrade procedures be? Can you
    upgrade 7.01 to 7.3?

    Ken Putnam wrote in message
    > Are you sure that you were running V7.2. Build 1616 was capable of
    > being installed as either V7.01 or as V7.2 If installed as V7.2, the

    upgrade
    > should have gone without a hitch (I've done it). If, however, you had
    > installed V7.01, then what you have observerd is to be expected. the
    > install couldn't find valid serial number(s) for the upgrade, but the

    install
    > had already doen enough that the old install was invalidated.
    >
    > At this point, you need to re-install your old Version to the same
    > directory, which should put you back where you were, without
    > loss of data, catalogs or job definitions.
    >
    > ".John Robinson" wrote:
    >
    > > I started to upgrade BENT 7.2 to the latest 7.3 upgrade, but I stopped

    when
    > > it didn't auto detect my serial numbers. I thought it didn't find my

    old
    > > version, then I would have to set up all my jobs again (something I want

    > > avoid at all cost).
    > >
    > > Now my main install says that its an evaluation copy. Does that mean

    that
    > > it did see the 7.2 install? Should it see my installed serial numbers?

    If
    > > I proceed will I need to set up all my jobs again?
    > >
    > > Any guidance would be appreciated,
    > >
    > > John

  3. Re: Upgrading BENT 7.2

    If it is 7.01 you need to purchase an upgrade sn to 7.3 as this is a
    purchase upgrade.
    One way to find out what you have is run the installer again and put in the
    BENT sn. If it accepts it you have 7.2 finish the install to the orig dir
    and all your jobs and catalogs should be there and fine. BTW make a backup
    copy of your catalog, data dirs and the pvl.mdb file.
    If it does not accept the sn you are running 7.01 and need to purchase the
    upgrade.

    ".John Robinson" wrote in message
    > So if it is V7.01, what would the proper upgrade procedures be? Can you
    > upgrade 7.01 to 7.3?
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote in message
    > > Are you sure that you were running V7.2. Build 1616 was capable of
    > > being installed as either V7.01 or as V7.2 If installed as V7.2, the

    > upgrade
    > > should have gone without a hitch (I've done it). If, however, you had
    > > installed V7.01, then what you have observerd is to be expected. the
    > > install couldn't find valid serial number(s) for the upgrade, but the

    > install
    > > had already doen enough that the old install was invalidated.
    > >
    > > At this point, you need to re-install your old Version to the same
    > > directory, which should put you back where you were, without
    > > loss of data, catalogs or job definitions.
    > >
    > > ".John Robinson" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I started to upgrade BENT 7.2 to the latest 7.3 upgrade, but I stopped

    > when
    > > > it didn't auto detect my serial numbers. I thought it didn't find my

    > old
    > > > version, then I would have to set up all my jobs again (something I

    want
    > > > avoid at all cost).
    > > >
    > > > Now my main install says that its an evaluation copy. Does that mean

    > that
    > > > it did see the 7.2 install? Should it see my installed serial

    numbers?
    > If
    > > > I proceed will I need to set up all my jobs again?
    > > >
    > > > Any guidance would be appreciated,
    > > >
    > > > John

+ Reply to Thread