Here's the situation:

We have the multiserver edition of BENT 7.2 running on NT 4.0, and it's been
working fine for a few monthes. About 2 weeks ago, the server that was
running BENT died (an unrecoverable blue screen of death after trying to
install/unistall PCAnywhere 9). The restore worked wonderfully
(thankfully). Unfortunately now BENT refuses to connect to our backup NT
3.51 server. I get the "Unable to attach to '\\server\share' error. Now,
from all my reading, this seemed like an NT rights issue. The NT 4.0
machine is our PDC, and the NT 3.51 is our BDC. So, we've synched up all
the passwords on both machines(including the the passwords on the Services),
and I've stopped and started the BENT services multiple times, but I still
get this error. The BENT user that we set up is in the Administrator and
Domain Administrator (primary domain set), and they both have full access to
the shares on the NT 3.51 machine. Does anyone have any idea why this is
happening? I've been banging my head against this problem for 2 weeks now,
and my head is really starting to hurt. Thanks in advance.

Machines:

NT 4.0 SP6 - BENT 7.2 Multiserver edition
NT 3.51 no SP.

Log Entry:

Job server: VERNT02
Job name: Test99
Job started: Monday, December 13, 1999 at 9:28:41 AM
Job type: Backup
Log file: BEX91.txt

Drive and media information from media mount:
Drive Name: SONY 0
Media Cartridge Label: 4M000004
Targeted Media Set Name: Media Set 1

Job Operation - Backup
Media Operation - append.
Hardware compression enabled.
Unable to attach to \\VERNT01\C$.
Access is denied.
Unable to attach to \\VERNT01\C$.

Job ended: Monday, December 13, 1999 at 9:29:21 AM
Job completion status: Failed