BE agent for NT workstation? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE agent for NT workstation? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have licenced and installed Backup Exec on an NT server (singer server license). I am a bit confused as to what to do for a backup agent for an NT workstation. Am I supposed to use BE 7.3 on ...

  1. BE agent for NT workstation?

    We have licenced and installed Backup Exec on an NT server (singer server
    license). I am a bit confused as to what to do for a backup agent for an
    NT workstation. Am I supposed to use BE 7.3 on NT workstation as the agent?
    The Win95 agent installs fine.

    Also, with the single server license, do I get to use the NT agent accelerator?

    Thanks!

    Rob

  2. Re: BE agent for NT workstation?

    In article <3855612c@hronntp01.>, rparry@hydrolab.arsusda.gov says...
    > We have licenced and installed Backup Exec on an NT server (singer server
    > license). I am a bit confused as to what to do for a backup agent for an
    > NT workstation. Am I supposed to use BE 7.3 on NT workstation as the agent?
    > The Win95 agent installs fine.

    Install the NT Agent Accelerator on the NT Workstation. Then confirm
    that the service shows up and is running, and that the log for a backup
    done on that system mentions that BE is using the Agent Accelerator.

    Scott I. Remick scott@computeralt.com
    Network and Information (802)388-7545 ext. 236
    Systems Manager FAX802)388-3697
    Computer Alternatives, Inc. http://www.computeralt.com

+ Reply to Thread