unable to attach - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on unable to attach - Veritas Backup Exec ; i keep getting "unable to attach to such and such computer" errors. I am running ntbe7.3 from one server with an auto loader. is it posible for this error to occur because someone is logged on to the machine? or ...

  1. unable to attach

    i keep getting "unable to attach to such and such computer" errors. I am
    running ntbe7.3 from one server with an auto loader. is it posible for this
    error to occur because someone is logged on to the machine? or (in one case)
    because the computer is attached to the network but not a member of the domain?

  2. Re: unable to attach

    Others have had success by creating a "User Defined Share" and specifying
    the TCP/IP address instead of the machine name.

    (Never had the problem myself)

    jim warpup wrote:

    > i keep getting "unable to attach to such and such computer" errors. I am
    > running ntbe7.3 from one server with an auto loader. is it posible for this
    > error to occur because someone is logged on to the machine? or (in one case)
    > because the computer is attached to the network but not a member of the domain?

+ Reply to Thread