Is there a BE for SBS 4.5? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Is there a BE for SBS 4.5? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have WinNT SBS 4.5. I recently bought a competitive upgrade of BE 7.3. There are 2 CDs. The first has BE 7.3 for WinNT and options. The second has BE 7 for Alpha and BE for SBS. That (CD2) ...

  1. Is there a BE for SBS 4.5?

    I have WinNT SBS 4.5. I recently bought a competitive upgrade of BE 7.3.
    There are 2 CDs. The first has BE 7.3 for WinNT and options. The second
    has BE 7 for Alpha and BE for SBS. That (CD2) version of BE won't install
    on my computer -- because it's for SBS 4.0? Version 7.3 for WINNT (not SBS)
    will install as demo, but it won't take my serial number.

    Should I be installing BE 7.3 for WINNT on my WinNT SBS machine? How can
    I get my competitive upgrade to install other than in demo mode?

    This is frustrating!

    Thanks,
    Trevor

  2. Re: Is there a BE for SBS 4.5?

    Yes, confusing, but an easy solution. Use the first disk, and choose
    "Install BE-NT 7.3."
    When you plug in your serial number,m the install program sees that it's
    really BE for SBS - and installs correctly.
    As soon as you put in the number you will see that you are installing BE
    Small Business Server Suite
    --

    Bob Hood
    Hood Consulting Group, Chicago
    T. Porter wrote in message

    I have WinNT SBS 4.5. I recently bought a competitive upgrade of BE 7.3.
    There are 2 CDs. The first has BE 7.3 for WinNT and options. The second
    has BE 7 for Alpha and BE for SBS. That (CD2) version of BE won't install
    on my computer -- because it's for SBS 4.0? Version 7.3 for WINNT (not SBS)
    will install as demo, but it won't take my serial number.

    Should I be installing BE 7.3 for WINNT on my WinNT SBS machine? How can
    I get my competitive upgrade to install other than in demo mode?

    This is frustrating!

    Thanks,
    Trevor

+ Reply to Thread