Newbie Q: Is BENT for me? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Newbie Q: Is BENT for me? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Guys, Got a NT Server 4.0 SP4 that has 2 SCSI hard drives with a total of 4 partitions. Boot partition is NTFS. I need to install a hardware RAID array, thus I need to backup all data, create the ...

  1. Newbie Q: Is BENT for me?

    Guys,

    Got a NT Server 4.0 SP4 that has 2 SCSI hard drives with a total of 4
    partitions. Boot partition is NTFS. I need to install a hardware RAID
    array, thus I need to backup all data, create the array and restore all
    data.

    Can Backup Exec NT Single Server v7.3 help me with this?

    I have a 1GB SCSI Jaz drive as a backup medium. Thanks for the info! I'm
    new to this area and I'm running into lots of problems...

    Any detailed info would be very much appreciated. Specifically, I am
    interested in how the recovery procedure would go. I cannot find a "How to"
    on Verita's web site unfortunately....

    Thanks again!

    Yves

  2. Re: Newbie Q: Is BENT for me?

    "Yves R. Mueller" wrote:
    >Guys,
    >
    >Got a NT Server 4.0 SP4 that has 2 SCSI hard drives with a total of 4
    >partitions. Boot partition is NTFS. I need to install a hardware RAID
    >array, thus I need to backup all data, create the array and restore all
    >data.
    >
    >Can Backup Exec NT Single Server v7.3 help me with this?
    >
    >I have a 1GB SCSI Jaz drive as a backup medium. Thanks for the info! I'm
    >new to this area and I'm running into lots of problems...
    >
    >Any detailed info would be very much appreciated. Specifically, I am
    >interested in how the recovery procedure would go. I cannot find a "How

    to"
    >on Verita's web site unfortunately....
    >
    >Thanks again!
    >
    >Yves
    >
    >my god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    as a fellow newbee avoid bacupexec at all costs! the tech support is lacking
    the error messages are vague and i have never in three months had a successfull
    backup. i don't know what else is out ther but go with it.

+ Reply to Thread