HP 24x6 changer showing up as standalone drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on HP 24x6 changer showing up as standalone drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; Dear All, I am failing continuously to install a HP Dat 24x6 changer within Backup exec v7.0 build 727. When BE is installed (enterprise & autloader module), the device wizard only shows the tape drive and sets it up as ...

  1. HP 24x6 changer showing up as standalone drive

    Dear All,

    I am failing continuously to install a HP Dat 24x6 changer within Backup
    exec v7.0 build 727.

    When BE is installed (enterprise & autloader module), the device wizard only
    shows the tape drive and sets it up as a standalone drive.

    Both tape drive and changer show up on the SCSI card (Adaptec 2940)

    I've tried 3 different machines, 3 different SCSI cards and complete OS (NT
    4 SP5) reinstall.

    Any ideas????

    Thanks,
    Mark

  2. Re: HP 24x6 changer showing up as standalone drive

    Is the SCSI ID of the changer lower than the drive?

    "Mark" wrote in message

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am failing continuously to install a HP Dat 24x6 changer within Backup
    > exec v7.0 build 727.
    >
    > When BE is installed (enterprise & autloader module), the device wizard

    only
    > shows the tape drive and sets it up as a standalone drive.
    >
    > Both tape drive and changer show up on the SCSI card (Adaptec 2940)
    >
    > I've tried 3 different machines, 3 different SCSI cards and complete OS

    (NT
    > 4 SP5) reinstall.
    >
    > Any ideas????
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

  3. Re: HP 24x6 changer showing up as standalone drive

    Tim,

    Figured it out - Veritas support take note as after about 20 hours and 4
    people, noone could help.

    The simple solution is you HAVE to have a magazine in the 24x6 in order for
    the changer to come up in BE.

    Mark

    "Tim" wrote:
    >Is the SCSI ID of the changer lower than the drive?
    >
    >"Mark" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Dear All,
    >>
    >> I am failing continuously to install a HP Dat 24x6 changer within Backup
    >> exec v7.0 build 727.
    >>
    >> When BE is installed (enterprise & autloader module), the device wizard

    >only
    >> shows the tape drive and sets it up as a standalone drive.
    >>
    >> Both tape drive and changer show up on the SCSI card (Adaptec 2940)
    >>
    >> I've tried 3 different machines, 3 different SCSI cards and complete OS

    >(NT
    >> 4 SP5) reinstall.
    >>
    >> Any ideas????
    >>
    >> Thanks,