User definied share for remote NT server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on User definied share for remote NT server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I just installed a trial version of Backup Exec to see how it works. I have two questions on how to config the software: 1. When I setup a user defined share for a NT server on a diffrent ...

  1. User definied share for remote NT server

    Hi,

    I just installed a trial version of Backup Exec to
    see how it works.

    I have two questions on how to config the software:

    1. When I setup a user defined share for a NT server
    on a diffrent network, I use: \\serverip\c$
    as the address. However, I couldn't connect to remote
    NT server with the right user name and password.
    I kept getting user name and password screen.
    The remote server is configured as workgroup NT server.
    The user name I used was: administrator
    The password was password for user administrator.
    I know these are correct username and password.

    2. I have DLT autoloader. The autoload has 7 slot each
    can house a DLT tape. When I create a job ( a backup job)
    I will need to select a device name. The only choice
    I have is quantum 0 which refers to our autoloader.
    Is there anyway that I can use tape slot name as device
    name?

    TIA

    Zhenhua

  2. Re: User definied share for remote NT server

    1. If you select the BACKUP SELECTION tab at the bottom of the BENT main window,
    highlight the share (you did it properly), and then look at the top toolbar
    and select NETWORK. The second option should be SET DEFAULT ATTACH INFO.
    Click on this and use the username and password you need for the share.

    2. In the current 7.3 version of BENT, you must first understand ADAMM.
    This is the media management tool for BENT. Using media sets, you can function
    almost like a partitioned loader. It is also possible to manually partition
    your loader at the command line level. The application in the utilities
    folder is partutil.exe. This is all in the download and CD docs you get
    with BENT. I hope this helps you.

    "Zhenhua" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I just installed a trial version of Backup Exec to
    >see how it works.
    >
    >I have two questions on how to config the software:
    >
    >1. When I setup a user defined share for a NT server
    >on a diffrent network, I use: \\serverip\c$
    >as the address. However, I couldn't connect to remote
    >NT server with the right user name and password.
    >I kept getting user name and password screen.
    >The remote server is configured as workgroup NT server.
    >The user name I used was: administrator
    >The password was password for user administrator.
    >I know these are correct username and password.
    >
    >2. I have DLT autoloader. The autoload has 7 slot each
    >can house a DLT tape. When I create a job ( a backup job)
    >I will need to select a device name. The only choice
    >I have is quantum 0 which refers to our autoloader.
    >Is there anyway that I can use tape slot name as device
    >name?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Zhenhua

+ Reply to Thread