ON Hold - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on ON Hold - Veritas Backup Exec ; I start a backup, get 200MB complete, then the job goes on hold. The Log states Semaphore expire timeout. Any Ideas!...

  1. ON Hold

    I start a backup, get 200MB complete, then the job goes on hold.

    The Log states Semaphore expire timeout.

    Any Ideas!

  2. Re: ON Hold

    I see a 010-103190 and 010-103195
    Where do I find XXXXX193
    Ken Putnam wrote in message <38514532.967528ED@zd.com>...
    >Check TechNote ID: 010-103193.
    >
    >Lists a whole raft of things to try, beginning with loading the
    >Veritas Driver rather than the NT driver for your drive.
    >

    >UUNET wrote:
    >
    >> I start a backup, get 200MB complete, then the job goes on hold.
    >>
    >> The Log states Semaphore expire timeout.
    >>
    >> Any Ideas!

  3. Re: ON Hold

    That type of timeout means a device function didn't happen and the device
    has timed-out. Check the application error log files for a hint on what
    is timing-out. Once you have that information, you should be able to get
    a handle on the problem.

    "UUNET" wrote:
    >I start a backup, get 200MB complete, then the job goes on hold.
    >
    >The Log states Semaphore expire timeout.
    >
    >Any Ideas!

+ Reply to Thread