Domino Agent headache. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Domino Agent headache. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using BENT 7.3 rev2575 with the Agent for Lotus Domino. I have also applied POST2575 hotfixes. I can successfully back up Lotus Notes databases but when I look at "Restore Selections" in BackupExec there are no entries for the ...

  1. Domino Agent headache.

    I'm using BENT 7.3 rev2575 with the Agent for Lotus Domino.

    I have also applied POST2575 hotfixes.

    I can successfully back up Lotus Notes databases but when I look at "Restore
    Selections" in BackupExec there are no entries for the Domino databases and
    so I can't restore them.

    Help!

  2. Re: Domino Agent headache. THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!

    In case anyone's interested, here's the solution (from Veritas):

    "Please could you check under user administrator that the Backup operators
    are not in the admins group and ensure the user account is not part of the
    Backup operators goup, please then go and stop Backup exec services and go
    to the catalog dorectory within Backup exec and look for files with the
    extension .sn,.fdd or .tmp and delete them, please also rename the
    betopcat.idx file to the betopcat.old extension."

    It worked for me!!

    Steve

    "Steve" wrote:

    >I'm using BENT 7.3 rev2575 with the Agent for Lotus Domino.
    >
    >I have also applied POST2575 hotfixes.
    >
    >I can successfully back up Lotus Notes databases but when I look at "Restore
    >Selections" in BackupExec there are no entries for the Domino databases

    and
    >so I can't restore them.
    >
    >Help!

+ Reply to Thread