Alert "Please Insert Overwritable Media" When Tape is Not Full - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Alert "Please Insert Overwritable Media" When Tape is Not Full - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am getting an Alert to "Please Insert Overwritable Media..." when my 24GB tape has only backed up 17GB....

  1. Alert "Please Insert Overwritable Media" When Tape is Not Full

    I am getting an Alert to "Please Insert Overwritable Media..." when my 24GB
    tape has only backed up 17GB.

  2. Re: Alert "Please Insert Overwritable Media" When Tape is Not Full

    "Steve White" wrote:

    >I am getting an Alert to "Please Insert Overwritable Media..." when my 24GB
    >tape has only backed up 17GB.

    in the perfect world you would get 24 gigs but more realistic is a ration
    of 1.6 or 1.6 to 1 which you are getting with the 17 gigs. not all files
    will compress some are already in a compressed format ie. images and executables

+ Reply to Thread