Backup Exec fails - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec fails - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have 2 different servers that are backing up multiple servers (including themselves). They both backup the remote servers successfully but when they get to there own D: drive we get a message "The media provided to continue the backup ...

  1. Backup Exec fails

    We have 2 different servers that are backing up multiple servers (including
    themselves). They both backup the remote servers successfully but when they
    get to there own D: drive we get a message "The media provided to continue
    the backup already contains data from one or more sets created during this
    operation. The operation can not be continued." We use DAT drives, one internal
    and one external, with new tapes. Overright is set on both and they are not
    backing up the same information as the other. This started happening in mid
    November and we can't relate it to any changes we've made. Please help!!!!

  2. Re: Backup Exec fails

    "Rob Glenn" wrote:

    >We have 2 different servers that are backing up multiple servers (including
    >themselves). They both backup the remote servers successfully but when they
    >get to there own D: drive we get a message "The media provided to continue
    >the backup already contains data from one or more sets created during this
    >operation. The operation can not be continued." We use DAT drives, one internal
    >and one external, with new tapes. Overright is set on both and they are

    not
    >backing up the same information as the other. This started happening in

    mid
    >November and we can't relate it to any changes we've made. Please help!!!!

    Your data size has outgrown your tapes. The message means that the tape has
    filled and the backup job rewinds and trys to write to the tape again being
    you have your protection period set to none then you get the error. if you
    set the protection period to an actual time then the job would actually go
    to a loading status and wait for a second tape to be inserted to finish the
    job.

+ Reply to Thread