Is my drive dying? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Is my drive dying? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I forgot to change the magazine in autoloader over the Turkeyday weekend, came back to some error messages that scheduled jobs couldn't run, 'cause they ran out of media. Couldn't get the drive to respond after that, found out that ...

  1. Is my drive dying?

    I forgot to change the magazine in autoloader over the Turkeyday weekend,
    came back to some error messages that scheduled jobs couldn't run, 'cause
    they ran out of media.
    Couldn't get the drive to respond after that, found out that it had become
    'paused' in BENT. Un-paused it and now my tapes won't work well. Either 'bad
    media' or it writes a file or two then reports an IO error and fails the
    job. Even on the media that it just backed-up to the week before.
    Is it just coincidence that my DAT drive is dying or that all my DAT tapes
    are failing in concert, or could something weird be going on with BENT? I
    was in the process of renaming the media, but had been successful with the
    previous week's magazine.

  2. Re: Is my drive dying?

    James wrote in article
    <384c3d24@hronntp01.>...
    > I forgot to change the magazine in autoloader over the Turkeyday weekend,
    > came back to some error messages that scheduled jobs couldn't run, 'cause
    > they ran out of media.
    > Couldn't get the drive to respond after that, found out that it had

    become
    > 'paused' in BENT. Un-paused it and now my tapes won't work well. Either

    'bad
    > media' or it writes a file or two then reports an IO error and fails the
    > job. Even on the media that it just backed-up to the week before.

    Tried cleaning the drive?
    --
    To respond via e-mail, remove all occurrences of the word "dot" from the
    reply address.

+ Reply to Thread