The semaphore timeout period as expired. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on The semaphore timeout period as expired. - Veritas Backup Exec ; When trying to restore from an HP Surestor DAT8 drive I get the following error messages : "Storage device 'HP1' reported an error on a request to space forward by file marks." ERROR REPORTED: "The semaphore timeout period as expired." ...

  1. The semaphore timeout period as expired.

    When trying to restore from an HP Surestor DAT8 drive I get the following
    error messages :

    "Storage device 'HP1' reported an error on a request to space forward by
    file marks."
    ERROR REPORTED:
    "The semaphore timeout period as expired."

    Can anybody offer any advice ?
    Ron Davis

  2. Re: The semaphore timeout period as expired.

    Ron,
    Have a look at news item "Tape read/write problems - TechNote 010-100586" on
    03/12/99. We had problems doing a restore which were down to fast file
    marks. We haven't yet tried putting the tape drive on its own card, but
    intend to.

    Ken McNulty

    Ron Davis wrote in message <384bb702@hronntp01.>...

    >When trying to restore from an HP Surestor DAT8 drive I get the following
    >error messages :
    >
    >"Storage device 'HP1' reported an error on a request to space forward by
    >file marks."
    >ERROR REPORTED:
    >"The semaphore timeout period as expired."
    >
    >Can anybody offer any advice ?
    >Ron Davis

+ Reply to Thread