Backup NT workstation - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup NT workstation - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have installed the Backup Exec for Windows NT v.7.3 on the NT server, if I want to backup the NT workstation, how can I do that? There's no NT agent in the agent folder. Thanks...

  1. Backup NT workstation

    I have installed the Backup Exec for Windows NT v.7.3 on the NT server,
    if I want to backup the NT workstation, how can I do that? There's no NT
    agent in the agent folder.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Backup NT workstation

    You don't need an agent to backup NTW. Just browse to the machine
    you want to backup in the selection tree. You can install the NT]
    Accelerator Agent for better preformance, but it's not required

    eda wrote:

    > I have installed the Backup Exec for Windows NT v.7.3 on the NT server,
    > if I want to backup the NT workstation, how can I do that? There's no NT
    > agent in the agent folder.
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Backup NT workstation

    Ken, Thanks for your help.
    But if I want to use the NT Accelerator Agent, do I have to install the Backup
    Exec software on each NT workstations? I'd already installed on the NT server.

    Ken Putnam wrote:

    > You don't need an agent to backup NTW. Just browse to the machine
    > you want to backup in the selection tree. You can install the NT]
    > Accelerator Agent for better preformance, but it's not required
    >
    > eda wrote:
    >
    > > I have installed the Backup Exec for Windows NT v.7.3 on the NT server,
    > > if I want to backup the NT workstation, how can I do that? There's no NT
    > > agent in the agent folder.
    > >
    > > Thanks

  4. Re: Backup NT workstation

    You only need the BENT software on the Backup Server, and you need a
    license for each separate server you install on. If you do want to install
    the NTAA, then yes, you must install on each machine you want accelerated
    and never - EVER install the NTAA on the backup server. It leads to all
    kinds of interesting (read BAD) results.

    eda wrote:

    > Ken, Thanks for your help.
    > But if I want to use the NT Accelerator Agent, do I have to install the Backup
    > Exec software on each NT workstations? I'd already installed on the NT server.
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    >
    > > You don't need an agent to backup NTW. Just browse to the machine
    > > you want to backup in the selection tree. You can install the NT]
    > > Accelerator Agent for better preformance, but it's not required
    > >
    > > eda wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have installed the Backup Exec for Windows NT v.7.3 on the NT server,
    > > > if I want to backup the NT workstation, how can I do that? There's no NT
    > > > agent in the agent folder.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks

  5. Re: Backup NT workstation

    You don't need an agent to backup NT workstations, just as long as the
    default shares are there (c$, d$, etc.). You can, however, install the Agent
    Accelorator which helps to speed things up. It's installed by running setup
    from the CD and choosing to install options on remote machines.

    Good luck

    Frank

    eda wrote in message news:3847D962.1BEF423B@rescue.to...
    > I have installed the Backup Exec for Windows NT v.7.3 on the NT server,
    > if I want to backup the NT workstation, how can I do that? There's no NT
    > agent in the agent folder.
    >
    > Thanks

  6. Re: Backup NT workstation

    You realy don''t need an agent, you can use a hidden share. but if do use
    the accelorator agent it works faster. Go to the Backup exec directory and
    select install options. Select install options on remote computers. It
    should explain itself from there.

    eda wrote:
    >I have installed the Backup Exec for Windows NT v.7.3 on the NT server,
    >if I want to backup the NT workstation, how can I do that? There's no NT
    >agent in the agent folder.
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread