I am seeing a lot of mail with about tape read/write problems which seem to
be in the same area. I would refer people to Veritas TechNote 010-100586,
which may be of interest. We are having a problem doing restores, even
though the saves seemed to work OK. I would suggest that everyone attempts
to do a restore to see what happens. If there's a problem, you want to find
out about it now, not when you're in deep .... and your boss is saying,
"Well, haven't you tested this ?". Go on, have a go. Pick a file down a
couple of directories, deep in the tape.

Ken McNulty