Backup Exec v7.3 install failed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec v7.3 install failed - Veritas Backup Exec ; I uninstalled the old version 6.0. started to install the v7.3. At the S/N box, I key in the s/n, did Add, the box below showed an existing s/n, I did remove. then I key in another s/n for Lotus ...

  1. Backup Exec v7.3 install failed

    I uninstalled the old version 6.0. started to install the v7.3.
    At the S/N box, I key in the s/n, did Add, the box below showed
    an existing s/n, I did remove. then I key in another s/n for Lotus
    Domino agent, did Add, the box below showed the exact the same number
    I just keyed in which is the new s/n for Lotus Domino Agent.
    I backed out and restarted the computer and tried the installation
    again. I can not key in any s/n anymore. It gave the Serial Number Error
    message as this: Unable to detect a previously installed version
    of Backup Exec which automatically approves this upgrade. Please contact
    Veritas Software Corp...
    Any one can help? please...

  2. Re: Backup Exec v7.3 install failed

    Sounds like you've got an upgrade CD, not an install. That being the case,
    you must either re-install V6, or you can call Veritas support, giube them
    the V6 serial number(s) and your V7 serial number(s) and they will give you
    install serial(s)

    teresa zang wrote:

    > I uninstalled the old version 6.0. started to install the v7.3.
    > At the S/N box, I key in the s/n, did Add, the box below showed
    > an existing s/n, I did remove. then I key in another s/n for Lotus
    > Domino agent, did Add, the box below showed the exact the same number
    > I just keyed in which is the new s/n for Lotus Domino Agent.
    > I backed out and restarted the computer and tried the installation
    > again. I can not key in any s/n anymore. It gave the Serial Number Error
    > message as this: Unable to detect a previously installed version
    > of Backup Exec which automatically approves this upgrade. Please contact
    > Veritas Software Corp...
    > Any one can help? please...

+ Reply to Thread