Dr. Watson when browsing Exchange mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Dr. Watson when browsing Exchange mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I'm having problems with browsing/selecting my Exchange mailboxes. I'm currently using Backup Exec MultiServer Edition v7.3 rev.2575 along with Exchange Agent and SQL Agent on NT4 with SP5. Exchange Problem: I'm able to browse, pick and backup the Exchange ...

  1. Dr. Watson when browsing Exchange mailboxes

    Hello,

    I'm having problems with browsing/selecting my Exchange mailboxes. I'm currently
    using Backup Exec MultiServer Edition v7.3 rev.2575 along with Exchange Agent
    and SQL Agent on NT4 with SP5.

    Exchange Problem:
    I'm able to browse, pick and backup the Exchange Directory and Information
    Store. However, whenever I browse my Exchange mailboxes (on another server)
    in Backup Selection tab, I get a Dr. Watson with an:

    Exception: Access Violation
    bengine.exe
    exception: 0xc0000005, address: 0x01f0524f

    A error requestor then appear with:

    The Remote Procedure Call Failed

    After clicking Ok, browsing any server on the network under Backupexec's
    Backup Selection tab will result in the same "The Remote Procedure Call Failed"
    error. Any ideas??

    Thanks in advance,
    Kent Lee
    System Administrator
    gearunlimited.com inc.

  2. Re: Dr. Watson when browsing Exchange mailboxes

    Make sure the user you are logging on as, has a mailbox account setup, and
    it setup on server in Outlook.

    "Kent Lee" wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having problems with browsing/selecting my Exchange mailboxes. I'm

    currently
    > using Backup Exec MultiServer Edition v7.3 rev.2575 along with Exchange

    Agent
    > and SQL Agent on NT4 with SP5.
    >
    > Exchange Problem:
    > I'm able to browse, pick and backup the Exchange Directory and Information
    > Store. However, whenever I browse my Exchange mailboxes (on another

    server)
    > in Backup Selection tab, I get a Dr. Watson with an:
    >
    > Exception: Access Violation
    > bengine.exe
    > exception: 0xc0000005, address: 0x01f0524f
    >
    > A error requestor then appear with:
    >
    > The Remote Procedure Call Failed
    >
    > After clicking Ok, browsing any server on the network under Backupexec's
    > Backup Selection tab will result in the same "The Remote Procedure Call

    Failed"
    > error. Any ideas??
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Kent Lee
    > System Administrator
    > gearunlimited.com inc.

  3. Re: Dr. Watson when browsing Exchange mailboxes

    I encountered the same problem when i moved from NT 4.0 SP4 to a new machine
    with NT 4.0 SP5. When i reverted back to SP4, the problem went away...

    rob

    "Kent Lee" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I'm having problems with browsing/selecting my Exchange mailboxes. I'm

    currently
    >using Backup Exec MultiServer Edition v7.3 rev.2575 along with Exchange

    Agent
    >and SQL Agent on NT4 with SP5.
    >
    >Exchange Problem:
    >I'm able to browse, pick and backup the Exchange Directory and Information
    >Store. However, whenever I browse my Exchange mailboxes (on another server)
    >in Backup Selection tab, I get a Dr. Watson with an:
    >
    > Exception: Access Violation
    > bengine.exe
    > exception: 0xc0000005, address: 0x01f0524f
    >
    >A error requestor then appear with:
    >
    >The Remote Procedure Call Failed
    >
    >After clicking Ok, browsing any server on the network under Backupexec's
    >Backup Selection tab will result in the same "The Remote Procedure Call

    Failed"
    >error. Any ideas??
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >Kent Lee
    >System Administrator
    >gearunlimited.com inc.

  4. Re: Dr. Watson when browsing Exchange mailboxes

    Thanks for the feedback, but Greg McCarthy's reply was dead on about configuring
    an account for the backup service and installing a MAPI compliant client
    on the backup server. TechNote ID: 010-102548 describes this in detail.
    Thanks Greg!!

    "Rob Kucinski" wrote:

    >I encountered the same problem when i moved from NT 4.0 SP4 to a new machine
    >with NT 4.0 SP5. When i reverted back to SP4, the problem went away...
    >
    >rob
    >

    >"Kent Lee" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I'm having problems with browsing/selecting my Exchange mailboxes. I'm

    >currently
    >>using Backup Exec MultiServer Edition v7.3 rev.2575 along with Exchange

    >Agent
    >>and SQL Agent on NT4 with SP5.
    >>
    >>Exchange Problem:
    >>I'm able to browse, pick and backup the Exchange Directory and Information
    >>Store. However, whenever I browse my Exchange mailboxes (on another server)
    >>in Backup Selection tab, I get a Dr. Watson with an:
    >>
    >> Exception: Access Violation
    >> bengine.exe
    >> exception: 0xc0000005, address: 0x01f0524f
    >>
    >>A error requestor then appear with:
    >>
    >>The Remote Procedure Call Failed
    >>
    >>After clicking Ok, browsing any server on the network under Backupexec's
    >>Backup Selection tab will result in the same "The Remote Procedure Call

    >Failed"
    >>error. Any ideas??
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance,
    >>Kent Lee