manually editing joblist, not from GUI - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on manually editing joblist, not from GUI - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have installed a firewall between the backupserver and the servers we want to backup. I can ping and map a networkdrive using IP addresses, but not the computernames \\166.166.66.666\c$ but from the Backup.exe GUI I cannot add this UNC ...

  1. manually editing joblist, not from GUI

    We have installed a firewall between the backupserver and the servers we want
    to backup.
    I can ping and map a networkdrive using IP addresses, but not the computernames
    \\166.166.66.666\c$ but from the Backup.exe GUI I cannot add this UNC name.
    I have seen scripts.uni and jobs7.dat contain some information, but I don't
    dare to alter them with Notepad or so.
    Where and how can I enter a IP based UNC Path into the Joblist of server
    destinations to be backuped?
    Thanks for your reply. Any hint is appreciated.

  2. Re: manually editing joblist, not from GUI

    Go to the Network dropdown menu and select "User Defined Shares" enter the
    IP address in the server name field

    han wrote:

    > We have installed a firewall between the backupserver and the servers we want
    > to backup.
    > I can ping and map a networkdrive using IP addresses, but not the computernames
    > \\166.166.66.666\c$ but from the Backup.exe GUI I cannot add this UNC name.
    > I have seen scripts.uni and jobs7.dat contain some information, but I don't
    > dare to alter them with Notepad or so.
    > Where and how can I enter a IP based UNC Path into the Joblist of server
    > destinations to be backuped?
    > Thanks for your reply. Any hint is appreciated.

  3. Re: manually editing joblist, not from GUI

    "han" wrote:

    Support wrote me:

    Go to the Network dropdown menu and select "User Defined Shares" enter the
    IP address in the server name field

    They mean Network dropdown from the Backupexe gui, selection of files to
    backup, then the dropdown menu.

    >We have installed a firewall between the backupserver and the servers we

    want
    >to backup.
    >I can ping and map a networkdrive using IP addresses, but not the computernames
    >\\166.166.66.666\c$ but from the Backup.exe GUI I cannot add this UNC name.
    >I have seen scripts.uni and jobs7.dat contain some information, but I don't
    >dare to alter them with Notepad or so.
    >Where and how can I enter a IP based UNC Path into the Joblist of server
    >destinations to be backuped?
    >Thanks for your reply. Any hint is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread