scheduling - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on scheduling - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know if there is a way in veritas BE 7.3 to schedule a more detailed schedule than what the defaults are. I want to be able to set a schedule based on holidays etc. If there is a ...

  1. scheduling

    Does anyone know if there is a way in veritas BE 7.3 to schedule a more detailed
    schedule than what the defaults are. I want to be able to set a schedule
    based on holidays etc. If there is a holiday, i dont want the backup to run,
    if there are 5 saturdays in a month instead of 4 it throws off my monthly
    backup etc etc. The problem is that BE doesnt have scheduling options advanced
    enough for what i need to do. I have a 5 tape dlt changer and i do 7 day
    backups. Any responses as to whether or not i can add better scheduling functionality
    to BE 7.3 would be very much appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: scheduling

    The addition of this type of scheduler has been requested since I've been using
    BENT (in the mid-V6 days. The response from (then) Seagate was always
    "We'll pass it along as a request"

    It has always stayed as just that, a request.

    Maybe in V8? (but don't hold your breath)

    All you can do about holidays, is before the holiday, reschedule the next backup
    for after the holiday. I've got 9 BENT servers that average about 6 jobs a night.
    so I know what a hassle this is, but it really is the only way

    As far as 5 Saturday Months, if you have the job defined to run every Sat
    what's the problem?

    David Bennett wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there is a way in veritas BE 7.3 to schedule a more detailed
    > schedule than what the defaults are. I want to be able to set a schedule
    > based on holidays etc. If there is a holiday, i dont want the backup to run,
    > if there are 5 saturdays in a month instead of 4 it throws off my monthly
    > backup etc etc. The problem is that BE doesnt have scheduling options advanced
    > enough for what i need to do. I have a 5 tape dlt changer and i do 7 day
    > backups. Any responses as to whether or not i can add better scheduling functionality
    > to BE 7.3 would be very much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread