IDR for BENT v7.3 - What's Your Opinion? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR for BENT v7.3 - What's Your Opinion? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm evaluating BENT v7.3 for my NT servers (most importantly my MSExchange server). I just learned of the IDR option, and would like to hear some opinions from those who've tested and/or used it in a crisis situation. How was ...

  1. IDR for BENT v7.3 - What's Your Opinion?

    I'm evaluating BENT v7.3 for my NT servers (most importantly my MSExchange
    server). I just learned of the IDR option, and would like to hear some opinions
    from those who've tested and/or used it in a crisis situation.

    How was IDR during...
    - preparation/setup, (media used)?
    - recovery? How well did it work?

    Please feel free to e-mail or call.

    TIA,

    Mead Lawson
    IT Manager
    Mortgage Management Corp.
    Phila., PA
    mlawson@mortmgt.com
    215-244-3000

  2. Re: IDR for BENT v7.3 - What's Your Opinion?

    It is easy to setup, and sounds very handy, but...

    I did have to use it on HP Netserver LH 3 r, with HP Netraid controller. IDR
    recovered system disk quickly and almost fine, it booted... ONCE!

    Second boot gave blue screen. I tried different variations of the recovery,
    nothing worked. Not even running NT repair to the system disk after the
    recovery.

    I finally gave up, and installed minimum Windows NT on the system. Using
    that NT installation and the very same backup tapes, I got perfectly running
    system. This implies that nothing was wrong in the actual backup or the tape
    drive.

    --
    jorma.tapola@embl-heidelberg.de

    Mead Lawson wrote in message

    > I'm evaluating BENT v7.3 for my NT servers (most importantly my MSExchange
    > server). I just learned of the IDR option, and would like to hear some

    opinions
    > from those who've tested and/or used it in a crisis situation.
    >
    > How was IDR during...
    > - preparation/setup, (media used)?
    > - recovery? How well did it work?
    >
    > Please feel free to e-mail or call.