Stop Java Application Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Stop Java Application Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I do a BESTOP shouldn't it also unload the Java Application Server? It is not doing this for me is there a command so I can manually stop the Java Appliaction Server. I am having a problem getting my ...

  1. Stop Java Application Server

    When I do a BESTOP shouldn't it also unload the Java Application Server?
    It is not doing this for me is there a command so I can manually stop
    the Java Appliaction Server. I am having a problem getting my Admin
    Console to connect to my Media server and would like to stop and restart
    this without having to restart my server.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Stop Java Application Server

    Andy

    Bestop should also unload the Java Application Server. If you're not
    sure, do a "java -show" on the console before and after unloading. The
    java Application server is running as "vrts.hro.net.rmi.server.ServerMain"

    --
    Marcel de Roode
    Erasmus University Rotterdam

  3. Re: Stop Java Application Server

    Andy wrote:

    > When I do a BESTOP shouldn't it also unload the Java Application
    > Server? It is not doing this for me is there a command so I can
    > manually stop the Java Appliaction Server. I am having a problem
    > getting my Admin Console to connect to my Media server and would like
    > to stop and restart this without having to restart my server.
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes, BESTOP should also stop the java app server but sometimes it does
    not.

    Do a java -show, then do a java -killxxx (xxx being the ID). Do another
    java -show to confirm that it has killed the java app server.

    --

  4. Re: Stop Java Application Server

    It seems to depend somewhat on load order. If I run other Java applets
    after the BE Java App Server loads, then I can almost always count on
    it not unloading with BESTOP.

    -Barry.

  5. Re: Stop Java Application Server

    That worked, this also fixed a problem I was having with a workstation
    that was unable to get to the Admin Console.

    Andy

+ Reply to Thread