Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello all, I've got a Windows machine running with Backup Exec 11d installed. I am trying to connect to the remote agent on a Netware server (6.5). When creating a job I am able to connect to the resources and ...

  1. Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent

    Hello all,
    I've got a Windows machine running with Backup Exec 11d installed. I am
    trying to connect to the remote agent on a Netware server (6.5). When creating
    a job I am able to connect to the resources and view the directory / files
    in the selection list. When submitting and running the job I receive the
    error message below. Also, I've tried using admin for the username and admin.context
    as well with no help. The version of the agent is whatever comes with the
    BE 11d download.

    Job ended: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 8:34:11 AM
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server.
    Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that
    the password was typed correctly.
    Final error category: Security Errors

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent

    That agent isn't compatible with BE9.x for NetWare. BE9.x for NetWare
    comes with its own agent for Windows. If it's a Windows workstation,
    you don't need an additional license, but you do for a Windows server.

    Installation is a bit less than intuitive. Run the BE for NetWare
    install program on the Windows box and check the box that says local
    machine, rather than remote agent.

    Of course you will need to uninstall the v11 agent you've currently got
    installed.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent

    Barry St.John wrote:

    > That agent isn't compatible with BE9.x for NetWare. BE9.x for
    > NetWare comes with its own agent for Windows. If it's a Windows
    > workstation, you don't need an additional license, but you do for a
    > Windows server.
    >
    > Installation is a bit less than intuitive. Run the BE for NetWare
    > install program on the Windows box and check the box that says local
    > machine, rather than remote agent.
    >
    > Of course you will need to uninstall the v11 agent you've currently
    > got installed.
    >
    > -Barry.

    Um, I think he is talking about 11d as the Windows media server and a
    remote agent for NetWare... :->

    Nathan - have you tried using .admin.context (note the leading dot)?

    Chris

  4. Re: Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent

    Not the first time I've got something backward.

    -Barry.

  5. Re: Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent

    "Nathan Tidd" wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >I've got a Windows machine running with Backup Exec 11d installed. I am
    >trying to connect to the remote agent on a Netware server (6.5). When creating
    >a job I am able to connect to the resources and view the directory / files
    >in the selection list. When submitting and running the job I receive the
    >error message below. Also, I've tried using admin for the username and

    admin.context
    >as well with no help. The version of the agent is whatever comes with the
    >BE 11d download.
    >
    >Job ended: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 8:34:11 AM
    >Completed status: Failed
    >Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server.
    >Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that
    >the password was typed correctly.
    >Final error category: Security Errors
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    I'm having the same issue.

  6. Re: Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent

    "Eric Manthe" wrote:

    >"Nathan Tidd" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello all,
    >>I've got a Windows machine running with Backup Exec 11d installed. I am
    >>trying to connect to the remote agent on a Netware server (6.5). When

    creating
    >>a job I am able to connect to the resources and view the directory / files
    >>in the selection list. When submitting and running the job I receive the
    >>error message below. Also, I've tried using admin for the username and

    >admin.context
    >>as well with no help. The version of the agent is whatever comes with

    the
    >>BE 11d download.
    >>
    >>Job ended: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 8:34:11 AM
    >>Completed status: Failed
    >>Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server.
    >>Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that
    >>the password was typed correctly.
    >>Final error category: Security Errors
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.

    >I'm having the same issue.

    Hi there,

    Have you tried .admin.context ?
    Notice the . in front of admin, this is the way the administration console
    on Netware wants the username supplied.

  7. Re: Authentication Failed / Netware remote agent

    "Eric Manthe" wrote:

    >"Nathan Tidd" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello all,
    >>I've got a Windows machine running with Backup Exec 11d installed. I am
    >>trying to connect to the remote agent on a Netware server (6.5). When

    creating
    >>a job I am able to connect to the resources and view the directory / files
    >>in the selection list. When submitting and running the job I receive the
    >>error message below. Also, I've tried using admin for the username and

    >admin.context
    >>as well with no help. The version of the agent is whatever comes with

    the
    >>BE 11d download.
    >>
    >>Job ended: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 8:34:11 AM
    >>Completed status: Failed
    >>Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server.
    >>Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that
    >>the password was typed correctly.
    >>Final error category: Security Errors
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.

    >I'm having the same issue.

    I'm also having this issue with one Netware server. Other Netware servers
    are working properly. I am using the full context (with leading .) to login.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread