New TSAs available - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on New TSAs available - Veritas Backup Exec ; TSA5UP21 http://download.novell.com/Download?...d=7wHTtVGVG7o~ -Barry....

  1. New TSAs available

  2. Re: New TSAs available

    Barry St.John schrieb:
    > TSA5UP21
    >
    > http://download.novell.com/Download?...d=7wHTtVGVG7o~
    >
    > -Barry.

    Barry,
    do you know if this update fixes any Groupwise Backupexec Problems ?

    Best regards
    Ufuk Altinkaynak

  3. Re: New TSAs available

    > do you know if this update fixes any Groupwise Backupexec Problems ?

    Not that I'm aware of. I guess it might depend a bit on how you backup
    GroupWise (TSAFS /EnableGW=Yes vs TSAFSGW). If you're not up on the
    differences, check this TID:

    https://secure-support.novell.com/Ka...AL_Public.html

    Also it's my understanding that many problems are solved with GW7/SP2.
    We haven't yet deployed that here, though. That will be in about 3 weeks.

    -Barry.

  4. Re: New TSAs available

    Barry St.John schrieb:
    >> do you know if this update fixes any Groupwise Backupexec Problems ?

    > Not that I'm aware of. I guess it might depend a bit on how you backup
    > GroupWise (TSAFS /EnableGW=Yes vs TSAFSGW). If you're not up on the
    > differences, check this TID:
    >
    > https://secure-support.novell.com/Ka...AL_Public.html
    >
    > Also it's my understanding that many problems are solved with GW7/SP2.
    > We haven't yet deployed that here, though. That will be in about 3 weeks.

    Hello Barry,
    thanks for the information, under GW 6.5 we used gwtsa, now we after we
    have upgraded Groupwise to 7.02, we switched to TSAFS /EnableGW=Yes
    without loading tsafsgw.

    Yesterday i read a lot about "TSAFS /EnableGW=Yes", tsafsgw, gwtsa and
    dbcopy, i still not sure wich one is the best combination.

    Wich combination do you use ?

    Best regards
    Ufuk Altinkaynak

  5. Re: New TSAs available

    I use TSAFS /EnableGW=Yes along with OFM. Early on I tried TSAFSGW,
    but I don't think it was quite ripe, so switched back to TSAFS.

    I've been wanting to revisit TSAFSGW, but just haven't had the time to
    mess with it. I think TSAFSGW is probably a technically better
    solution, because it's going to maintain the DB integrity and update
    the GW timestamps, same as GWTSA did. But TSAFS is a bit more flexible
    in that it doesn't require a pre-defined restore area to be created.

    So to sum it up, I think it falls to whichever method works best for
    your environment.

    -Barry.

  6. Re: New TSAs available

    Barry St.John schrieb:
    > I use TSAFS /EnableGW=Yes along with OFM. Early on I tried TSAFSGW,
    > but I don't think it was quite ripe, so switched back to TSAFS.
    >
    > I've been wanting to revisit TSAFSGW, but just haven't had the time to
    > mess with it. I think TSAFSGW is probably a technically better
    > solution, because it's going to maintain the DB integrity and update
    > the GW timestamps, same as GWTSA did. But TSAFS is a bit more flexible
    > in that it doesn't require a pre-defined restore area to be created.
    >
    > So to sum it up, I think it falls to whichever method works best for
    > your environment.

    Barry,
    thanks for sharing you thoughts, i will stick on TSAFS /EnableGW=Yes,
    wich works now good for me.

    Best regards
    Ufuk Altinkaynak

+ Reply to Thread