NKS file excludes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NKS file excludes - Veritas Backup Exec ; I keep getting the error saying "after adding all system and NKS file excludes, nothing was selected for backup for servername.netware file system/servername/volumename:. First the volume is never in the backup selection. Secondly, where does this error come from? Also ...

  1. NKS file excludes

    I keep getting the error saying "after adding all system and NKS file
    excludes, nothing was selected for backup for servername.netware file
    system/servername/volumename:. First the volume is never in the backup
    selection. Secondly, where does this error come from?

    Also I keep getting the error to back up one of the NetWare servers
    (which is our eDirectory server) saying "the login credentials may be
    incorrect. All selection for this device will be skipped". I just
    renamed userpass.dat and userpass.idx files a week ago, which suppose to
    fix this credential corrupt problem. But the weird thing is all the
    incremental backup jobs do not get any of the above errors. Those above
    errors only happen in the full backup jobs.

    Any idea?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: NKS file excludes

    I got that error on one of my jobs last week. I recreated the job and
    it ran OK. But the disk drive in the backup server died over the
    weekend. Maybe the corruption in the job was pointing to impending
    doom. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

    Anyway, there it is for what it's worth...

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread