Backup Windows Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Windows Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2 as my media server. I have recently started to maintain some Windows Server 2003 sp2 servers, and I have a copy of the remote agent for Windows and Netware servers version ...

  1. Backup Windows Server

    I am using Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2 as my media server. I have
    recently started to maintain some Windows Server 2003 sp2 servers, and I have
    a copy of the remote agent for Windows and Netware servers version 10d. Will
    version 9.2 that has the media server installed be compatible with the remote
    agent version 10d. The media server is running Netware 6.5 sp3. Thanks.

  2. Re: Backup Windows Server

    Mike Paschke wrote:

    > I am using Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2 as my media server. I
    > have recently started to maintain some Windows Server 2003 sp2
    > servers, and I have a copy of the remote agent for Windows and
    > Netware servers version 10d. Will version 9.2 that has the media
    > server installed be compatible with the remote agent version 10d.
    > The media server is running Netware 6.5 sp3. Thanks.

    I think so, yes. But why not just install the remote agent for windows
    from the 9.2 media/download you have?

  3. Re: Backup Windows Server

    On 19/04/2007 "Chris" wrote:
    >Mike Paschke wrote:
    >
    >> I am using Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2 as my media server. I
    >> have recently started to maintain some Windows Server 2003 sp2
    >> servers, and I have a copy of the remote agent for Windows and
    >> Netware servers version 10d. Will version 9.2 that has the media
    >> server installed be compatible with the remote agent version 10d.
    >> The media server is running Netware 6.5 sp3. Thanks.

    >I think so, yes. But why not just install the remote agent for windows
    >from the 9.2 media/download you have?

    I don't have a license for the remote agent for Windows for version 9.2.

  4. Re: Backup Windows Server

    FWIW, I was told by my reseller that the v10 agent would not work with
    a 9.2 media server.

    -Barry.

  5. Re: Backup Windows Server

    Mike Paschke wrote:

    > On 19/04/2007 "Chris" wrote:
    > > Mike Paschke wrote:
    > >
    > >> I am using Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2 as my media server.

    > I >> have recently started to maintain some Windows Server 2003 sp2
    > >> servers, and I have a copy of the remote agent for Windows and
    > >> Netware servers version 10d. Will version 9.2 that has the media
    > >> server installed be compatible with the remote agent version 10d.
    > >> The media server is running Netware 6.5 sp3. Thanks.

    > > I think so, yes. But why not just install the remote agent for
    > > windows from the 9.2 media/download you have?
    > >

    > I don't have a license for the remote agent for Windows for version
    > 9.2.

    I'm not a 100% certain but that should work with both products. To be
    hoenst, it probably doesn't matter which media you use to install the
    agent - they are the same I think.

+ Reply to Thread