GW backup skipped files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on GW backup skipped files - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can someone tell me if the following skipped files are required for restoring GroupWise? \wpgate\API\GWCORR.DB \wpgate\API\000.PRC\0413LOG.001 \wpgate\API\000.PRC\PROC \wpgate\API\000.PRC\STAT \wpgate\gwia\000.PRC\ACCT \wpgate\gwia\000.PRC\PROC \wpgate\WEBAC70A\000.prc\0413WEB.002 Thank you very much in advance!...

  1. GW backup skipped files

    Can someone tell me if the following skipped files are required for
    restoring GroupWise?
    \wpgate\API\GWCORR.DB
    \wpgate\API\000.PRC\0413LOG.001
    \wpgate\API\000.PRC\PROC
    \wpgate\API\000.PRC\STAT
    \wpgate\gwia\000.PRC\ACCT
    \wpgate\gwia\000.PRC\PROC
    \wpgate\WEBAC70A\000.prc\0413WEB.002

    Thank you very much in advance!

  2. Re: GW backup skipped files

    In article <462640d6@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Li wrote:

    > \wpgate\API\GWCORR.DB

    This is the GWIA correlation database, but that hasn't been used since
    GW 5.5, as far as I recall.

    Looks like you're running GW7 there, so it makes me wonder why this
    file exists, and what's got it loaded.

    The rest of those PRC folders aren't necessary to get backed up. The
    data in the folders is transient.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: GW backup skipped files

    The file path shows that this is NOT the GWIA correlation database,
    but the API gateway correlation database, which still uses software
    prior to version 5.5

    Thanks for the info on the PRC files.

    On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:21:41 CDT, Barry St.John
    wrote:

    >In article <462640d6@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Li wrote:
    >
    >> \wpgate\API\GWCORR.DB

    >This is the GWIA correlation database, but that hasn't been used since
    >GW 5.5, as far as I recall.
    >
    >Looks like you're running GW7 there, so it makes me wonder why this
    >file exists, and what's got it loaded.
    >
    >The rest of those PRC folders aren't necessary to get backed up. The
    >data in the folders is transient.
    >
    >-Barry.

    - - -
    Richard P. Harris
    em: Richard.Harris@REMOVE.THIS.louisianalottery.com

  4. Re: GW backup skipped files

    In article , Richard P.
    Harris wrote:

    > The file path shows that this is NOT the GWIA correlation database,
    > but the API gateway correlation database...

    Interesting. I don't have the API gateway installed, so I'm not
    familiar with it. Good to know just the same.

    Thanks for the follow-up.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread