Any special configs needed for ISCSI Cluster? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Any special configs needed for ISCSI Cluster? - Veritas Backup Exec ; In the past I have configured Direct attached scsi cluster servers and have been able to follow the instructions for getting clustered volumes visible in BE and backing them up. Performing those same steps on my iscsi cluster has not ...

  1. Any special configs needed for ISCSI Cluster?

    In the past I have configured Direct attached scsi cluster servers and
    have been able to follow the instructions for getting clustered
    volumes visible in BE and backing them up.

    Performing those same steps on my iscsi cluster has not come out with
    the same good results. are there any special issues I must deal with
    to get my iscsi virual servers visible in BE

    BE v9.2.1401.5
    nw 6.5sp6 (no post sp6 updates)
    slp scoped with virual servers visible on media server
    clustered sys volumes are backing up successfully.

    have tried loading tsa with and without /cluster=on option
    virtual server addresses & licenses loaded into ndmpsvrs.dat (ofm
    license added as well)
    smsstart loaded after lcncs on clusters

    Thanks for any help you can provide.

  2. Re: Any special configs needed for ISCSI Cluster?

    I'm not sure /Cluster=On is the right syntax. I believe it's simply
    /Cluster or /NoCluster. Or you can edit SYS:\ETC\SMS\TSA.CFG and set
    it there:

    DisableCluster:
    no

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Any special configs needed for ISCSI Cluster?

    Thanks,
    I've tried that iteration, too.
    It's so staight forward, I must just have a typo or something...It's
    just that I've redone it 3 different times.

    If tsafs is running correctly and the /Cluster is turned off,
    shouldn't the volumes be advertised under the primary servers name?
    It's not showing there either.

    On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:44:28 CDT, Barry St.John
    wrote:

    >I'm not sure /Cluster=On is the right syntax. I believe it's simply
    >/Cluster or /NoCluster. Or you can edit SYS:\ETC\SMS\TSA.CFG and set
    >it there:
    >
    >DisableCluster:
    >no
    >
    >-Barry.

  4. Re: Any special configs needed for ISCSI Cluster?

    I was able to turn clustering off and present the volumes as local
    primary server volumes. That in itself, is comforting. Would be nice
    to get the cluster aware piece to function.

    wrote:

    >I'm not sure /Cluster=On is the right syntax. I believe it's simply
    >/Cluster or /NoCluster. Or you can edit SYS:\ETC\SMS\TSA.CFG and set
    >it there:
    >
    >DisableCluster:
    >no
    >
    >-Barry.

  5. Re: Any special configs needed for ISCSI Cluster?

    Ok,
    http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...are/263787.pdf
    there is a section in called "Speed File Browsing" that was introduced
    in version 9.2. It might be checked by default, or I thought it
    sounded good before I even had concidered clustering. Anyhow, when
    that is checked it prevents clustered volumes from being seen. Here
    is the direct excerpt.

    Speed File Browsing
    BENW 9.2 introduced the Speed File Browsing option in the
    Options/Media Server/Network
    screen. This option should not be enabled in a Novell Cluster Services
    environment. Doing so
    prevents Backup Exec from being able to locate, and back up cluster
    volumes.

    wrote:

    >I'm not sure /Cluster=On is the right syntax. I believe it's simply
    >/Cluster or /NoCluster. Or you can edit SYS:\ETC\SMS\TSA.CFG and set
    >it there:
    >
    >DisableCluster:
    >no
    >
    >-Barry.

  6. Re: Any special configs needed for ISCSI Cluster?

    In article , Scott S wrote:
    > Speed File Browsing
    > BENW 9.2 introduced the Speed File Browsing option in the
    > Options/Media Server/Network
    > screen. This option should not be enabled in a Novell Cluster Services
    > environment. Doing so
    > prevents Backup Exec from being able to locate, and back up cluster
    > volumes.

    Good find! Glad you got it figured out and thanks for posting the
    solution. I stumbled onto this a long time ago, but complete forgot
    about it afterward.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread