GroupWise backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on GroupWise backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; Since we applied GW7.0.1 IR1en to our groupwise, it messed up our GroupWise backup. We have not had successful backup since applying this patch. We are using Veritas backup exec for NetWare 9.1. First GroupWise backup job hang forever and ...

  1. GroupWise backup

    Since we applied GW7.0.1 IR1en to our groupwise, it messed up our
    GroupWise backup. We have not had successful backup since applying this
    patch. We are using Veritas backup exec for NetWare 9.1. First GroupWise
    backup job hang forever and abend GroupWise server. After we updated
    tsafsgw file to the newest version (7.00.02 March 12, 2007), we keep
    getting SMS error saying "TSAFSGW.NLM(TSAFS.NLM 6.51.5 334) An internal
    TSA error has occurred. See error log for details.". The backup job
    still backed up something but we are not sure if it has backed up
    everything that should be included or not since it is a failed job.

    Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!!

  2. Re: GroupWise backup

    Hello,

    > Since we applied GW7.0.1 IR1en to our groupwise, it messed up our
    > GroupWise backup. We have not had successful backup since applying this
    > patch. We are using Veritas backup exec for NetWare 9.1. First GroupWise
    > backup job hang forever and abend GroupWise server. After we updated
    > tsafsgw file to the newest version (7.00.02 March 12, 2007), we keep
    > getting SMS error saying "TSAFSGW.NLM(TSAFS.NLM 6.51.5 334) An internal
    > TSA error has occurred. See error log for details.". The backup job still
    > backed up something but we are not sure if it has backed up everything
    > that should be included or not since it is a failed job.

    Greetings

    Wilco

  3. Re: GroupWise backup

    Wilco Ettema wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    >> Since we applied GW7.0.1 IR1en to our groupwise, it messed up our
    >> GroupWise backup. We have not had successful backup since applying this
    >> patch. We are using Veritas backup exec for NetWare 9.1. First GroupWise
    >> backup job hang forever and abend GroupWise server. After we updated
    >> tsafsgw file to the newest version (7.00.02 March 12, 2007), we keep
    >> getting SMS error saying "TSAFSGW.NLM(TSAFS.NLM 6.51.5 334) An internal
    >> TSA error has occurred. See error log for details.". The backup job still
    >> backed up something but we are not sure if it has backed up everything
    >> that should be included or not since it is a failed job.

    > Greetings
    >
    > Wilco

    Do you mean SMDR.NLM on backup exec server or GroupWise server? We are
    running NetWare 6.5 with sp4 on GroupWise server and NetWare 6.5 with
    sp5 on Backup exec server? Please advise!

    Did you have the same problem as mine?

    Thank you very much for your response.

  4. Re: GroupWise backup

    Li wrote:

    > Wilco Ettema wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > > Since we applied GW7.0.1 IR1en to our groupwise, it messed up our
    > > > GroupWise backup. We have not had successful backup since
    > > > applying this patch. We are using Veritas backup exec for
    > > > NetWare 9.1. First GroupWise backup job hang forever and abend
    > > > GroupWise server. After we updated tsafsgw file to the newest
    > > > version (7.00.02 March 12, 2007), we keep getting SMS error
    > > > saying "TSAFSGW.NLM(TSAFS.NLM 6.51.5 334) An internal TSA error
    > > > has occurred. See error log for details.". The backup job still
    > > > backed up something but we are not sure if it has backed up
    > > > everything that should be included or not since it is a failed
    > > > job.

    > > for us.
    > >
    > > Greetings
    > >
    > > Wilco

    > Do you mean SMDR.NLM on backup exec server or GroupWise server? We
    > are running NetWare 6.5 with sp4 on GroupWise server and NetWare 6.5
    > with sp5 on Backup exec server? Please advise!

    Yes, you will need to back rev SMDR.NLM on your media (backup) server:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/281829

  5. Re: GroupWise backup

    Chris wrote:
    > Li wrote:
    >
    >> Wilco Ettema wrote:
    >>> Hello,

    >>> for us.
    >>>
    >>> Greetings
    >>>
    >>> Wilco

    >> Do you mean SMDR.NLM on backup exec server or GroupWise server? We
    >> are running NetWare 6.5 with sp4 on GroupWise server and NetWare 6.5
    >> with sp5 on Backup exec server? Please advise!

    > Yes, you will need to back rev SMDR.NLM on your media (backup) server:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/281829

    I have backed SMDR.nlm file to the file dated 8/82005 on the media
    server. I also make sure the one on GroupWise server has the same
    version. But I still get the same error. Any suggestion?

    Thank you.

    Li

  6. Re: GroupWise backup

    Li wrote:

    > Chris wrote:
    > > Li wrote:

    > > > Do you mean SMDR.NLM on backup exec server or GroupWise server? We
    > > > are running NetWare 6.5 with sp4 on GroupWise server and NetWare
    > > > 6.5 with sp5 on Backup exec server? Please advise!

    > > Yes, you will need to back rev SMDR.NLM on your media (backup)
    > > server:
    > >
    > > http://support.veritas.com/docs/281829
    > >

    > I have backed SMDR.nlm file to the file dated 8/82005 on the media
    > server. I also make sure the one on GroupWise server has the same
    > version. But I still get the same error. Any suggestion?

    What's the exact error message/abend that you get?

  7. Re: GroupWise backup

    Chris wrote:
    > Li wrote:
    >
    >> Chris wrote:

    >>> Yes, you will need to back rev SMDR.NLM on your media (backup)
    >>> server:
    >>>
    >>> http://support.veritas.com/docs/281829
    >>>

    >> I have backed SMDR.nlm file to the file dated 8/82005 on the media
    >> server. I also make sure the one on GroupWise server has the same
    >> version. But I still get the same error. Any suggestion?

    > What's the exact error message/abend that you get?

    The error I get is "TSAFSGW.NLM(TSAFS.NLM 6.51.5 334) An internal

+ Reply to Thread