Error 3042 - Admin Console - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 3042 - Admin Console - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Getting this error with my workstation when trying to connect/login to the BE server. All credentials are correct, other workstations not having the same issue. Error Code 3042 NWLogoutException: Server Administrator logout method - Unable to logout from the ...

  1. Error 3042 - Admin Console

    Hi,

    Getting this error with my workstation when trying to connect/login to
    the BE server. All credentials are correct, other workstations not
    having the same issue.

    Error Code 3042

    NWLogoutException: Server Administrator logout method - Unable to
    logout from the server: " : [Root exception is
    com.novell.service.session.InvalidSessionException : Session no longer valid
    check root cause]com.novell.java.security.LogoutException: Logout failed.

    The Administration Console was unable to logout of the server. You
    should check to see if your default context is set properly and that
    Directory Services is up and running.

    Cheers,
    Gavin.

  2. Re: Error 3042 - Admin Console

    Gavin wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Getting this error with my workstation when trying to connect/login
    > to the BE server. All credentials are correct, other workstations not
    > having the same issue.
    >
    > Error Code 3042
    >

    > NWLogoutException: Server Administrator logout method - Unable to
    > logout from the server: " : [Root exception is
    > com.novell.service.session.InvalidSessionException : Session no longer
    > valid check root cause]com.novell.java.security.LogoutException:
    > Logout failed.
    >

    > The Administration Console was unable to logout of the server. You
    > should check to see if your default context is set properly and that
    > Directory Services is up and running.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Gavin.

    Try this:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282694

  3. Re: Error 3042 - Admin Console

    Chris wrote:
    > Gavin wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Getting this error with my workstation when trying to connect/login
    >> to the BE server. All credentials are correct, other workstations not
    >> having the same issue.
    >>
    >> Error Code 3042
    >>

    >> NWLogoutException: Server Administrator logout method - Unable to
    >> logout from the server: " : [Root exception is
    >> com.novell.service.session.InvalidSessionException : Session no longer
    >> valid check root cause]com.novell.java.security.LogoutException:
    >> Logout failed.
    >>

    >> The Administration Console was unable to logout of the server. You
    >> should check to see if your default context is set properly and that
    >> Directory Services is up and running.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Gavin.

    > Try this:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/282694

    Bestop / Bestart hadn't fixed the issue up till now. Re-installing the
    GUI fixed it.

    Thanks for your guidance - I really should have searched Veritas site
    for that error code, that's pure laziness for you...

    Gavin.

+ Reply to Thread