Can I backup Novell servers to a workstation hard drive? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can I backup Novell servers to a workstation hard drive? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I would like to know if there is a way to backup novell file servers to a windows xp pro hard drive? if so what product(s) do i need and a brief discussion on how to do it. thanks. Dennis...

  1. Can I backup Novell servers to a workstation hard drive?

    I would like to know if there is a way to backup novell file servers to a
    windows xp pro hard drive? if so what product(s) do i need and a brief discussion
    on how to do it. thanks.
    Dennis

  2. Re: Can I backup Novell servers to a workstation hard drive?

    In article <460a2043@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Dennis wrote:
    > I would like to know if there is a way to backup novell file servers to a
    > windows xp pro hard drive?

    Not with Backup Exec, or any other product I'm aware of. Simply copying
    the files will work, but you'll loose extended attributes, file ownership,
    etc.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread