error code 12: could not open file: not there or locked - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on error code 12: could not open file: not there or locked - Veritas Backup Exec ; Has anyone seen this error? There is no specific course of action to fix this error. The tapes I am using are only a couple weeks old and have been working fine. The files are definitely there and they are ...

  1. error code 12: could not open file: not there or locked

    Has anyone seen this error? There is no specific course of action to fix this
    error. The tapes I am using are only a couple weeks old and have been working
    fine. The files are definitely there and they are definitely not locked.

  2. Re: error code 12: could not open file: not there or locked

    sebo wrote:

    > Has anyone seen this error? There is no specific course of action to
    > fix this error. The tapes I am using are only a couple weeks old and
    > have been working fine. The files are definitely there and they are
    > definitely not locked.

    Which files causes this error? Could you copy and paste the error from
    the job log here, which would help.

    Also, what version/build of BE do you have? Check in
    \bkupexec\version.doc for details of this.

    Finally, do you hav any anti-virus software running on this server?

    Chris

  3. Re: error code 12: could not open file: not there or locked

    The message does not specify any particular file that is locked. The whole
    thing is very vague. The entire error message reads: "Could not open file:
    not there or locked." The suggestion in the box below reads " This error
    code does not have a specific course of action defined for a resolution.
    Please consult your manual for additional information." We are using BE 9.1,
    with Symantec Antivirus
    thanks for your help

    "Chris" wrote:
    >sebo wrote:
    >

    >> Has anyone seen this error? There is no specific course of action to
    >> fix this error. The tapes I am using are only a couple weeks old and
    >> have been working fine. The files are definitely there and they are
    >> definitely not locked.

    >Which files causes this error? Could you copy and paste the error from
    >the job log here, which would help.
    >
    >Also, what version/build of BE do you have? Check in
    >\bkupexec\version.doc for details of this.
    >
    >Finally, do you hav any anti-virus software running on this server?
    >
    >Chris

  4. Re: error code 12: could not open file: not there or locked

    sebo wrote:

    > The message does not specify any particular file that is locked. The
    > whole thing is very vague. The entire error message reads: "Could not
    > open file: not there or locked." The suggestion in the box below
    > reads " This error code does not have a specific course of action
    > defined for a resolution. Please consult your manual for additional
    > information." We are using BE 9.1, with Symantec Antivirus
    > thanks for your help

    Where does this error show up - job log, server console etc? Maybe you
    should unload your anti-virus to see if this helps..

    Also, what BUILD of Backup Exec do you have (check in
    \bkupexec\version.doc for details)?

+ Reply to Thread