Basic Help for Multiple system Restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Basic Help for Multiple system Restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Tape Library setup which works with NetWare Drives 1-2 and Windows Drive3. I need to do a restore for NetWare on very old tapes. Do I have to use BackupExec Windows to Import the 2 tapes from ...

  1. Basic Help for Multiple system Restore

    I have a Tape Library setup which works with NetWare Drives 1-2 and Windows
    Drive3. I need to do a restore for NetWare on very old tapes. Do I have
    to use BackupExec Windows to Import the 2 tapes from the mail slots into
    my Restore Partition slots and then run an inventory on them again from BackupExec
    Windows? Then once that's done do I run a catalog job on those partitions
    and see if I can find the file I need to restore to then setup a restore
    job?

    Is there an easier way or better way of doing this? I'm in a situation with
    time pressures and we don't know which tape we need to use - when the file
    last exists so I may have several sets to go through. Is there a better
    way?

  2. Re: Basic Help for Multiple system Restore

    You don't need to do the inventory, but you do need to do the catalog
    so you can see what's on the tape. Unfortunately, this can take a long
    time.

    What if you look on your oldest tape in your catalog and see what's on
    it? Maybe you have backed up old catalogs on it, and restoring those
    could save you a lot of time.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread