Appendable media was not found for the specified media set - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Appendable media was not found for the specified media set - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am also getting this same message on a Netware 6.5 SP5 Server running Veritas BE 9.2 Rev 1401. The update for DST was applied Feb 21st. There have been no problems with any of the jobs until Monday Night/Tuesday ...

  1. Appendable media was not found for the specified media set

    I am also getting this same message on a Netware 6.5 SP5 Server running Veritas
    BE 9.2 Rev 1401. The update for DST was applied Feb 21st. There have been
    no problems with any of the jobs until Monday Night/Tuesday Morning of this
    week.

    I have one job that backs up around 30GB of data. Then there are other jobs
    that append to that tape. I even tried to set that job to only backup a
    small directory with an overwrite policy. The next job that was to append
    still failed with only a few megs of data on the tape.

    There haven't been any changes to BackupExec on this server in several months.
    Other than running a few unattended repair, associating a new SSL Cert with
    apache, and applying the DST patches, there haven't been any other changes
    on the server.

    If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate any help.

    Thank you,

    Mike

  2. Re: Appendable media was not found for the specified media set

    Hi Mike,

    We have exacly the same problem NW65 sp5 , BENW 9.1.1158 and all append job
    stop working since monday night.

    I will let you know if we find any solution, thanks you to do the same.

    Veritas staf thanks you to investigate that issue

    JRL
    "Mike" wrote:

    >I am also getting this same message on a Netware 6.5 SP5 Server running

    Veritas
    >BE 9.2 Rev 1401. The update for DST was applied Feb 21st. There have been
    >no problems with any of the jobs until Monday Night/Tuesday Morning of this
    >week.
    >
    >I have one job that backs up around 30GB of data. Then there are other

    jobs
    >that append to that tape. I even tried to set that job to only backup a
    >small directory with an overwrite policy. The next job that was to append
    >still failed with only a few megs of data on the tape.
    >
    >There haven't been any changes to BackupExec on this server in several months.
    > Other than running a few unattended repair, associating a new SSL Cert

    with
    >apache, and applying the DST patches, there haven't been any other changes
    >on the server.
    >
    >If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate any help.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >Mike

  3. Re: Appendable media was not found for the specified media set

    Any fix for this yet? We have the exact same issue...

    Daryl

    "jrl" wrote:

    >Hi Mike,
    >
    >We have exacly the same problem NW65 sp5 , BENW 9.1.1158 and all append

    job
    >stop working since monday night.
    >
    >I will let you know if we find any solution, thanks you to do the same.
    >
    >Veritas staf thanks you to investigate that issue
    >
    >JRL
    >"Mike" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am also getting this same message on a Netware 6.5 SP5 Server running

    >Veritas
    >>BE 9.2 Rev 1401. The update for DST was applied Feb 21st. There have

    been
    >>no problems with any of the jobs until Monday Night/Tuesday Morning of

    this
    >>week.
    >>
    >>I have one job that backs up around 30GB of data. Then there are other

    >jobs
    >>that append to that tape. I even tried to set that job to only backup

    >>small directory with an overwrite policy. The next job that was to append
    >>still failed with only a few megs of data on the tape.
    >>
    >>There haven't been any changes to BackupExec on this server in several

    months.
    >> Other than running a few unattended repair, associating a new SSL Cert

    >with
    >>apache, and applying the DST patches, there haven't been any other changes
    >>on the server.
    >>
    >>If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate any help.
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>
    >>Mike

  4. Re: Appendable media was not found for the specified media set

    Solution noted in 15433 (additional warning note!), 15428 and 15430

    Media/Media view - Default media set/F4Properties - Overwrite Protection
    period - set to "None - allow overwrite"

    Please note warning in note 15433 this forum, regarding "append; overwrite"
    in policies!

    "DT" wrote:

    >Any fix for this yet? We have the exact same issue...
    >
    >Daryl
    >
    >"jrl" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi Mike,
    >>
    >>We have exacly the same problem NW65 sp5 , BENW 9.1.1158 and all append

    >job
    >>stop working since monday night.
    >>
    >>I will let you know if we find any solution, thanks you to do the same.
    >>
    >>Veritas staf thanks you to investigate that issue
    >>
    >>JRL
    >>"Mike" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I am also getting this same message on a Netware 6.5 SP5 Server running

    >>Veritas
    >>>BE 9.2 Rev 1401. The update for DST was applied Feb 21st. There have

    >been
    >>>no problems with any of the jobs until Monday Night/Tuesday Morning of

    >this
    >>>week.
    >>>
    >>>I have one job that backs up around 30GB of data. Then there are other

    >>jobs
    >>>that append to that tape. I even tried to set that job to only backup

    >>>small directory with an overwrite policy. The next job that was to append
    >>>still failed with only a few megs of data on the tape.
    >>>
    >>>There haven't been any changes to BackupExec on this server in several

    >months.
    >>> Other than running a few unattended repair, associating a new SSL Cert

    >>with
    >>>apache, and applying the DST patches, there haven't been any other changes
    >>>on the server.
    >>>
    >>>If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate any help.
    >>>
    >>>Thank you,
    >>>
    >>>Mike

  5. Re: Appendable media was not found for the specified media set

    I also had this issue. After checking the default media (Media Views, Default)

    I found that I had two media with the same name. After I did a retire of
    the
    one we do not use anymore the append job worked fine again...

    Cheers..

    Ímer

    "DT" wrote:

    >Any fix for this yet? We have the exact same issue...
    >
    >Daryl
    >
    >"jrl" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi Mike,
    >>
    >>We have exacly the same problem NW65 sp5 , BENW 9.1.1158 and all append

    >job
    >>stop working since monday night.
    >>
    >>I will let you know if we find any solution, thanks you to do the same.
    >>
    >>Veritas staf thanks you to investigate that issue
    >>
    >>JRL
    >>"Mike" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I am also getting this same message on a Netware 6.5 SP5 Server running

    >>Veritas
    >>>BE 9.2 Rev 1401. The update for DST was applied Feb 21st. There have

    >been
    >>>no problems with any of the jobs until Monday Night/Tuesday Morning of

    >this
    >>>week.
    >>>
    >>>I have one job that backs up around 30GB of data. Then there are other

    >>jobs
    >>>that append to that tape. I even tried to set that job to only backup

    >>>small directory with an overwrite policy. The next job that was to append
    >>>still failed with only a few megs of data on the tape.
    >>>
    >>>There haven't been any changes to BackupExec on this server in several

    >months.
    >>> Other than running a few unattended repair, associating a new SSL Cert

    >>with
    >>>apache, and applying the DST patches, there haven't been any other changes
    >>>on the server.
    >>>
    >>>If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate any help.
    >>>
    >>>Thank you,
    >>>
    >>>Mike

  6. Re: Appendable media was not found for the specified media set

    Bruce Arneson wrote:
    > Solution noted in 15433 (additional warning note!), 15428 and 15430
    >
    > Media/Media view - Default media set/F4Properties - Overwrite Protection
    > period - set to "None - allow overwrite"
    >
    > Please note warning in note 15433 this forum, regarding "append; overwrite"
    > in policies!
    >

    > "DT" wrote:
    >> Any fix for this yet? We have the exact same issue...
    >>
    >> Daryl
    >>
    >> "jrl" wrote:
    >>> Hi Mike,
    >>>
    >>> We have exacly the same problem NW65 sp5 , BENW 9.1.1158 and all append

    >> job
    >>> stop working since monday night.
    >>>
    >>> I will let you know if we find any solution, thanks you to do the same.
    >>>
    >>> Veritas staf thanks you to investigate that issue
    >>>
    >>> JRL
    >>> Veritas

    >> been

    >> this

    >>> jobs

    >> months.
    >>> with

    I've made the changes suggested here and am still experiencing the same
    problem where it won't append. Any other setup changes I can make?
    This all started on 3/5/7 for me after the jobs have been working
    flawlessly for months.
    Mark

  7. Re: Appendable media was not found for the specified media set

    Same issue although the failure was on Sat night 10 Mar. Due to admin restrictions
    my media was already set to no protection. I setup and ran a full backup
    yesterday on the chance that the DST issue may have interferred. Stilll
    have the same issue, failed last night with Appendable media not found.
    Nothing in BE looks out of the ordinary. Any help out there?

    "Mike" wrote:

    >I am also getting this same message on a Netware 6.5 SP5 Server running

    Veritas
    >BE 9.2 Rev 1401. The update for DST was applied Feb 21st. There have been
    >no problems with any of the jobs until Monday Night/Tuesday Morning of this
    >week.
    >
    >I have one job that backs up around 30GB of data. Then there are other

    jobs
    >that append to that tape. I even tried to set that job to only backup a
    >small directory with an overwrite policy. The next job that was to append
    >still failed with only a few megs of data on the tape.
    >
    >There haven't been any changes to BackupExec on this server in several months.
    > Other than running a few unattended repair, associating a new SSL Cert

    with
    >apache, and applying the DST patches, there haven't been any other changes
    >on the server.
    >
    >If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate any help.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >Mike

  8. Re: Appendable media was not found for the specified media set

+ Reply to Thread