All tapes respond as cleaning tapes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on All tapes respond as cleaning tapes - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have BkupExec for Netware on 5.1 sp 8 servers. I have them attached via 1 gig Fibre Channel to a Compaq ESL9000 tape cabinet having 12 drives and 300+ slots. When I kick off a backup job it picks ...

  1. All tapes respond as cleaning tapes

    I have BkupExec for Netware on 5.1 sp 8 servers. I have them attached via
    1 gig Fibre Channel to a Compaq ESL9000 tape cabinet having 12 drives and
    300+ slots. When I kick off a backup job it picks the tapes from the partition
    but then states the tapes are cleaning tapes. It does not seem to matter
    which drives is used or which partition is used.
    Any ideas?

  2. Re: All tapes respond as cleaning tapes

    New installation, or existing installation with new problem?

    Does your library use barcode labels?

    Are sure the partition slots are not configured as cleaning slot in BE?

    -Barry.

  3. Re: All tapes respond as cleaning tapes

    Existing install with new problem.

    Yes it uses barcodes. But has only 2 cleaning tapes with cleaning tape barcodes
    installed.

    Multiple different partitions are affected, Reinstalled from scratch redid
    all partitions checked they were not cleaning partitions still same issue.

    Loader arm retrieves tape loades to drive takes approx 6 minutes throws alert
    that tape is cleaning tape. removed first tape does same on second.

    Cheers

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >New installation, or existing installation with new problem?
    >
    >Does your library use barcode labels?
    >
    >Are sure the partition slots are not configured as cleaning slot in BE?
    >
    >-Barry.

  4. Re: All tapes respond as cleaning tapes

    Sorry to be late in replying. I have run into something similar to
    this when the library had different types of tape drives installed,
    such as LTO1 and LTO2. The problem was rooted in the type of labels
    being used.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread