  1. Recommendation for GW POs

    What agent would you recommend one use when backup up a complete GroupWise 7.x Post Office with BE for NetWare on a NW6.5 SP6 server?

    Thanks

    Bill

  2. Re: Recommendation for GW POs

    Two possibilities:

    1) Use TSAFS in conjunction with BE Open File Option or St.Bernard OFM.

    2) Use TSAFS in conjunction with TSAFSGW.

    #1 is easy, but costs more for the OFO or OFM. #2 works, but requires
    more setup work, similar to the old GWTSA.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Recommendation for GW POs

    Let me add this: can you use both OFM and TSAFSGW at the same time???

    Thanks,

    Eric

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >Two possibilities:
    >
    >1) Use TSAFS in conjunction with BE Open File Option or St.Bernard OFM.
    >
    >2) Use TSAFS in conjunction with TSAFSGW.
    >
    >#1 is easy, but costs more for the OFO or OFM. #2 works, but requires
    >more setup work, similar to the old GWTSA.
    >
    >-Barry.

  4. Re: Recommendation for GW POs

    You can, if your server can handle it and you are satisfied with the backup
    times. Had a recent discussion on this with Veritas and in our case the
    server was abending because of the stress caused by the use of three open
    file technologies at the same time. We turned off OFM and stuck with the
    native Novell APIs TSAFS and GWTSA

    Mike

    "Eric Labelle" wrote in message

    > Let me add this: can you use both OFM and TSAFSGW at the same time???
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Eric
    >
    > Barry St.John wrote:
    >>Two possibilities:
    >>
    >>1) Use TSAFS in conjunction with BE Open File Option or St.Bernard OFM.
    >>
    >>2) Use TSAFS in conjunction with TSAFSGW.
    >>
    >>#1 is easy, but costs more for the OFO or OFM. #2 works, but requires
    >>more setup work, similar to the old GWTSA.
    >>
    >>-Barry.

  5. Re: Recommendation for GW POs

    Sorry to be late in replying. The answer is yes, but why would you
    want to. That's sort of like caching a cache. Doesn't help.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread