remote admin console cannot connect to media server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on remote admin console cannot connect to media server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to run Backup Exec for Netware Administration Console on a PC using Windows XP. I never get past the screen Connect to a Media Server. javaw.exe is excepted in the firewall. Any ideas? I have tried every ...

  1. remote admin console cannot connect to media server

    I am trying to run Backup Exec for Netware Administration Console on a PC
    using Windows XP. I never get past the screen Connect to a Media Server.
    javaw.exe is excepted in the firewall. Any ideas? I have tried every combination
    of the name of the media server but nothing works.

  2. Re: remote admin console cannot connect to media server

    John wrote:

    > I am trying to run Backup Exec for Netware Administration Console on
    > a PC using Windows XP. I never get past the screen Connect to a Media
    > Server. javaw.exe is excepted in the firewall. Any ideas? I have
    > tried every combination of the name of the media server but nothing
    > works.

    Make sure that name resolution is working in both directions. Also, do
    you see any errors on the 'Backup Exec Java Application Server' screen?

    What version/build of Backup Exec do you have? Check in
    sys:\bkupexec\version.doc for details.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread