NW65SP6 slow backup performance on Cluster Volumes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NW65SP6 slow backup performance on Cluster Volumes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Since I update my 2 Node Cluster to NW65SP6 I have very slow backup performance of my Cluster Volumes. 80 MB/Min. Just Cluster Volumes, Vol SYS of both Cluster is working well, as other 4 NW65SP6 Server too. Cluster Server: ...

  1. NW65SP6 slow backup performance on Cluster Volumes

    Since I update my 2 Node Cluster to NW65SP6
    I have very slow backup performance of my Cluster Volumes.
    80 MB/Min.
    Just Cluster Volumes, Vol SYS of both Cluster is working well,
    as other 4 NW65SP6 Server too.

    Cluster Server:
    Compaq Proliant DL380 G2 Packaged Cluster
    Backup SW: Veritas ver. 9.2 Build 1401.3
    I backup my 6 NW65SP6 Server via Remote Agent to NAS

    Is there any solution for this problem.

    Thanks

    Amila

  2. Re: NW65SP6 slow backup performance on Cluster Volumes

    Amila wrote:

    > Since I update my 2 Node Cluster to NW65SP6
    > I have very slow backup performance of my Cluster Volumes.
    > 80 MB/Min.
    > Just Cluster Volumes, Vol SYS of both Cluster is working well,
    > as other 4 NW65SP6 Server too.
    >
    > Cluster Server:
    > Compaq Proliant DL380 G2 Packaged Cluster
    > Backup SW: Veritas ver. 9.2 Build 1401.3
    > I backup my 6 NW65SP6 Server via Remote Agent to NAS
    >
    > Is there any solution for this problem.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Amila

    Hmm, I'm not aware of any performance issues with SP6. What throughput
    do you get when you simulate a backup of your cluster volumes with
    TSATEST?

    http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10092890.html

  3. Re: NW65SP6 slow backup performance on Cluster Volumes

    Hi Chris,

    I get with TSATEST.NLM the same throughput 80-90MB.
    I forgot to write that I change my NIC on Cluster
    Before was just old 100 MB Nic and Switch.
    I have now 1000 MB Cards in both Cluster,
    And also before was Nic and ports on Switch configured Fix 100/Full
    Now I have on both side Auto-Auto
    Switch and NIC are 1000 MB
    I would like to keep like that if is possible.
    But I think this is the problem
    What I really donít understand why now I have just poor performance on
    Cluster Volumes but not on Volumes SYS on both Cluster
    If Nic are the problem?

    Thanks

    Amila
    "Chris" wrote:
    >Amila wrote:
    >

    >> Since I update my 2 Node Cluster to NW65SP6
    >> I have very slow backup performance of my Cluster Volumes.
    >> 80 MB/Min.
    >> Just Cluster Volumes, Vol SYS of both Cluster is working well,
    >> as other 4 NW65SP6 Server too.
    >>
    >> Cluster Server:
    >> Compaq Proliant DL380 G2 Packaged Cluster
    >> Backup SW: Veritas ver. 9.2 Build 1401.3
    >> I backup my 6 NW65SP6 Server via Remote Agent to NAS
    >>
    >> Is there any solution for this problem.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Amila

    >Hmm, I'm not aware of any performance issues with SP6. What throughput
    >do you get when you simulate a backup of your cluster volumes with
    >TSATEST?
    >
    >http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10092890.html

  4. Re: NW65SP6 slow backup performance on Cluster Volumes

    Amila wrote:

    > Hi Chris,
    >
    > I get with TSATEST.NLM the same throughput 80-90MB.
    > I forgot to write that I change my NIC on Cluster
    > Before was just old 100 MB Nic and Switch.
    > I have now 1000 MB Cards in both Cluster,
    > And also before was Nic and ports on Switch configured Fix 100/Full
    > Now I have on both side Auto-Auto
    > Switch and NIC are 1000 MB
    > I would like to keep like that if is possible.
    > But I think this is the problem

    Yep, agree with that. Can you set the NIC to 1000/Full? I think the
    auto negotiate setting is probably the problem here.

    --

  5. Re: NW65SP6 slow backup performance on Cluster Volumes

    Yes, that could be a problem,
    I will try to change to Fix 1000/Full
    on both side.
    We will see tomorrow.
    I can do that on weekend, not before.
    Thanks anyway

    Amila

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Amila wrote:
    >

    >> Hi Chris,
    >>
    >> I get with TSATEST.NLM the same throughput 80-90MB.
    >> I forgot to write that I change my NIC on Cluster
    >> Before was just old 100 MB Nic and Switch.
    >> I have now 1000 MB Cards in both Cluster,
    >> And also before was Nic and ports on Switch configured Fix 100/Full
    >> Now I have on both side Auto-Auto
    >> Switch and NIC are 1000 MB
    >> I would like to keep like that if is possible.
    >> But I think this is the problem

    >Yep, agree with that. Can you set the NIC to 1000/Full? I think the
    >auto negotiate setting is probably the problem here.
    >
    >> What I really dont understand why now I have just poor performance
    >> on Cluster Volumes but not on Volumes SYS on both Cluster
    >> If Nic are the problem?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Amila

    >> > Hmm, I'm not aware of any performance issues with SP6. What
    >> > throughput do you get when you simulate a backup of your cluster
    >> > volumes with TSATEST?
    >> >
    >> > http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/.../10092890.html
    >> >

    >--

+ Reply to Thread