Restore from a duplicated tape? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore from a duplicated tape? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Let's say I backup to disk and I only keep that for 1 week. But I duplicate all the B2D to tape (and keep those for a lot longer). If I need a file restored, but it's not on the ...

  1. Restore from a duplicated tape?

    Let's say I backup to disk and I only keep that for 1 week.

    But I duplicate all the B2D to tape (and keep those for a lot longer).

    If I need a file restored, but it's not on the B2D, but IS on the
    duplicated tape, how do I go about doing that?

    Does BE "know" that if I want a specific file that it's on the tape and
    not on the disk?

  2. Re: Restore from a duplicated tape?

    Kevin Hurni wrote:

    > Let's say I backup to disk and I only keep that for 1 week.
    >
    > But I duplicate all the B2D to tape (and keep those for a lot longer).
    >
    > If I need a file restored, but it's not on the B2D, but IS on the
    > duplicated tape, how do I go about doing that?

    Just a normal restore job I would think. Have you tested this?

    > Does BE "know" that if I want a specific file that it's on the tape
    > and not on the disk?

    I would think so, yes..

  3. Re: Restore from a duplicated tape?

    In article <45d1cfb5@ROSASTDMZ05.>, nospam@myrealbox.com says...
    > Kevin Hurni wrote:
    >
    > > Let's say I backup to disk and I only keep that for 1 week.
    > >
    > > But I duplicate all the B2D to tape (and keep those for a lot longer).
    > >
    > > If I need a file restored, but it's not on the B2D, but IS on the
    > > duplicated tape, how do I go about doing that?

    > Just a normal restore job I would think. Have you tested this?
    >
    > > Does BE "know" that if I want a specific file that it's on the tape
    > > and not on the disk?

    > I would think so, yes..

    Yes, got it to work just perfectly. I'd forgotten that I had to
    manually duplicate the job because the auto-dupe wasn't working.

  4. Job is activ and we can not stop them

    We must restore an Backup file, but the current job stands on active, so we
    kann restore it

    The Version is 7.5 Revision 2.014 we can t deactivate the job or delete it.

    where are the options to stop the job.

    Thanks Andy

  5. Re: Job is activ and we can not stop them

    Hi, Andy

    andy wrote:
    > We must restore an Backup file, but the current job stands on active, so we
    > kann restore it
    >
    > The Version is 7.5 Revision 2.014 we can t deactivate the job or delete it.
    >
    > where are the options to stop the job.
    >
    > Thanks Andy

    First of all, start a new thread instead of attaching a new question to
    an old thread;
    Second, Use bestop.ncf and Bestart.ncf to unload and load backupexec. If
    that doesn't work you should restart your server.

    Third, consider upgrading to a newer version...

    --
    Marcel de Roode
    Erasmus University Rotterdam

+ Reply to Thread