File copies fail during BEGather process - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on File copies fail during BEGather process - Veritas Backup Exec ; On attempting to troubleshoot a backup issue, I have noticed that BEGather does not always successfully copy all the files it is attempting to gather. When looking at the MS_BEGATHER.LOG, I notice lines such as: CopyNWFile() failed, error: 0xf SYS:\BKUPEXEC\CDBSREAD.CDB ...

  1. File copies fail during BEGather process

    On attempting to troubleshoot a backup issue, I have noticed that BEGather
    does not always successfully copy all the files it is attempting to gather.
    When looking at the MS_BEGATHER.LOG, I notice lines such as:

    CopyNWFile() failed, error: 0xf
    SYS:\BKUPEXEC\CDBSREAD.CDB copy failed
    CopyDOSFile() failed, error: 0xf
    SYS:\BKUPEXEC\CDBSREAD.CDB copy failed
    Processing [FILE2]...

    that occur for multiple attempted copies. Any ideas on why BEGather is copying
    some files but not others?

  2. Re: File copies fail during BEGather process

    JW wrote:

    > On attempting to troubleshoot a backup issue, I have noticed that
    > BEGather does not always successfully copy all the files it is
    > attempting to gather. When looking at the MS_BEGATHER.LOG, I notice
    > lines such as:
    >
    > CopyNWFile() failed, error: 0xf
    > SYS:\BKUPEXEC\CDBSREAD.CDB copy failed
    > CopyDOSFile() failed, error: 0xf
    > SYS:\BKUPEXEC\CDBSREAD.CDB copy failed
    > Processing [FILE2]...
    >
    > that occur for multiple attempted copies. Any ideas on why BEGather
    > is copying some files but not others?

    Do these files actually exist?

+ Reply to Thread