Unable to login to groupwise agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to login to groupwise agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using Netware 6.5 SP6, Groupwise 7.01 and BE 9.2 1401.4. In trying to fix my abend problems with the TSAFSGW, I backreved SMDR to TSA5UP18 and TSAFSGW.NLM to version 7.00 dated 8/2/2005. I also updated LIBC to NWLIB6J. Now I ...

  1. Unable to login to groupwise agent

    Using Netware 6.5 SP6, Groupwise 7.01 and BE 9.2 1401.4. In trying to fix
    my abend problems with the TSAFSGW, I backreved SMDR to TSA5UP18 and TSAFSGW.NLM
    to version 7.00 dated 8/2/2005. I also updated LIBC to NWLIB6J. Now I cannot
    login to the groupwise agent. Can anyone tell me what versions of SMDR,
    LIBC, and TSAFSGW work together with BE 9.2 so that I can backup Groupwise
    7?

    Thanks for any and all help.

    Brian

  2. Re: Unable to login to groupwise agent

    Forgot about debug mode.
    Looked at the Debug screens while trying to login to groupwise agent. Last
    line gives an SMS error:
    SMS Error: fffdffd7 (file: ts_att.c, line 279)

    Thanks for any help.

  3. Re: Unable to login to groupwise agent

    Brian Poulton wrote:

    > Forgot about debug mode.
    > Looked at the Debug screens while trying to login to groupwise agent.
    > Last line gives an SMS error:
    > SMS Error: fffdffd7 (file: ts_att.c, line 279)
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    That's an 'access denied' error. SMDR.NLM from SP5/TSA5UP19 has some
    issues but you obviously aren't using that now so we can rule that out.

    You could try:

    1. BESTOP
    2. SMSSTOP
    3. Rename sys:\system\tsa
    4. SMSSTART
    5. BESTART

    Sometimes there are corrupt files in the TSA folder that cause issues
    like this.

    Chris

  4. Re: Unable to login to groupwise agent

    Chris,

    Thanks for your help. Your suggestion worked great. But after logging into
    the groupwise agent, using the version 7.0 TSAFSGW.nlm dated 8/2/2005, I
    do not see the Groupwise libraries. I have tried using the other more recent
    TSAFSGW 7.0.1, but I get the same login error with these.

    Any suggestions?

    Brain

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Brian Poulton wrote:
    >

    >> Forgot about debug mode.
    >> Looked at the Debug screens while trying to login to groupwise agent.
    >> Last line gives an SMS error:
    >> SMS Error: fffdffd7 (file: ts_att.c, line 279)
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.

    >That's an 'access denied' error. SMDR.NLM from SP5/TSA5UP19 has some
    >issues but you obviously aren't using that now so we can rule that out.
    >
    >You could try:
    >
    >1. BESTOP
    >2. SMSSTOP
    >3. Rename sys:\system\tsa
    >4. SMSSTART
    >5. BESTART
    >
    >Sometimes there are corrupt files in the TSA folder that cause issues
    >like this.
    >
    >Chris

  5. Re: Unable to login to groupwise agent

    Brian Poulton wrote:

    > Chris,
    >
    > Thanks for your help. Your suggestion worked great. But after
    > logging into the groupwise agent, using the version 7.0 TSAFSGW.nlm
    > dated 8/2/2005, I do not see the Groupwise libraries. I have tried
    > using the other more recent TSAFSGW 7.0.1, but I get the same login
    > error with these.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Hmm, I think you should probably speak to Novell on this one..

+ Reply to Thread