BackupExec NetWare Server 9.1 will not see Tape Drive device - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackupExec NetWare Server 9.1 will not see Tape Drive device - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a Novell 5.1 Server with SP 8 and Netware Exec 9.1. I have added a new HP SCSI DAT40 Tape drive and SCSI card. The server see the drive and it has been tested with HP Tape Tools. ...

  1. BackupExec NetWare Server 9.1 will not see Tape Drive device

    We have a Novell 5.1 Server with SP 8 and Netware Exec 9.1. I have added
    a new HP SCSI DAT40 Tape drive and SCSI card. The server see the drive and
    it has been tested with HP Tape Tools. The problem is Backup Exec will not
    see the drive. I have updated the Veritas but have not restarted the server
    yet. I will try that to see if this fixes the problem. Any suggestions
    will be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: BackupExec NetWare Server 9.1 will not see Tape Drive device

    What is the output from LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS? You should see your
    SCSI adapter and the tape device under it, such as:

    0x05 [V353-A4] SYM53C875:00001 [slot 1]
    0x12 [V353-A4-D6:0] Quantum DLT4000 CPQ DRV D473

    The tape drive might show as "unbound device". If so, load BECDM.CDM
    from your \BKUPEXEC\NLMS folder. Then do LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS again.

    Make sure you do not have SCSI2TP or NWTAPE loaded. If they are
    getting loaded, delete or rename them.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: BackupExec NetWare Server 9.1 will not see Tape Drive device

    Danny McGrath wrote:

    > We have a Novell 5.1 Server with SP 8 and Netware Exec 9.1. I have
    > added a new HP SCSI DAT40 Tape drive and SCSI card. The server see
    > the drive and it has been tested with HP Tape Tools. The problem is
    > Backup Exec will not see the drive. I have updated the Veritas but
    > have not restarted the server yet. I will try that to see if this
    > fixes the problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    In addition to Barry's suggestions, also try the following:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename sys:\bkupexec\mm to mm.old
    3. BESTART

    You may also need to install the latest driver set:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/285516

+ Reply to Thread