Backup Exec Java Application Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Java Application Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I'm testing out the trialware of BackupExec 9.2 for Netware. When I installed BackupExec 9.2 (I choose Netware Media Server to install and then chose for the five options I installed BackupEXEC, Administration Console, and Administration Console for Netware. ...

  1. Backup Exec Java Application Server

    Hi,

    I'm testing out the trialware of BackupExec 9.2 for Netware.

    When I installed BackupExec 9.2 (I choose Netware Media Server to install
    and then chose for the five options I installed BackupEXEC, Administration
    Console, and Administration Console for Netware. I didn't install Open File
    Option or Netware Remote Manager Plug-in).

    I noticed when typing in the command BESTART at the server console it added
    to more screens to my server 1) Backup Exec - Administration Console and
    2) Backup Exec Java Application Server.

    I called the other school board in my district which is using a licensed
    version of Backup Exec Netware 9.2 and they said they only have Backup Exec
    -Adminstration Console screen and they don't have the Backup Exec Java Application
    Server screen.

    What did I install extra to get this additonal Backup Exec Java Application
    Server screen and is there a way I can uninstall it?

    I only want the Backup Exec - Administration Console to load when I run BESTART
    command!

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Backup Exec Java Application Server

    The Administration Console is a java app that can run on the server or
    a workstation. The Admin Console for NetWare is the traditional admin
    console that runs on the server only.

    Run STARTX on your NetWare server, and from the programs menu there you
    can launch the BE Admin Console.

    If you don't want to use the java console, you can prevent the java app
    servlet from loading by editing your BESTART.NCF and removing the -TJ
    switch.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread