Error while backing up exchange data. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error while backing up exchange data. - Veritas Backup Exec ; While trying to perfrom a backup of the information store I receive the following error: a00084F8 HEX Timeout occured waiting for data from the agent during operation shutdown. Although veritas shows the backup as a failure it still gives a ...

  1. Error while backing up exchange data.

    While trying to perfrom a backup of the information store I receive the following
    error:

    a00084F8 HEX

    Timeout occured waiting for data from the agent during operation shutdown.

    Although veritas shows the backup as a failure it still gives a rather large
    byte count as if it did back the data up. Any help is appreciated. We are
    runnin the veritas on a windows 2K server and the exchange 5.5 on an NT SP4
    machine. I know it's old but it's what the military gives me to work with.

  2. Re: Error while backing up exchange data.

    Ken wrote:

    > While trying to perfrom a backup of the information store I receive
    > the following error:
    >
    > a00084F8 HEX
    >
    > Timeout occured waiting for data from the agent during operation
    > shutdown.
    >
    > Although veritas shows the backup as a failure it still gives a
    > rather large byte count as if it did back the data up. Any help is
    > appreciated. We are runnin the veritas on a windows 2K server and
    > the exchange 5.5 on an NT SP4 machine. I know it's old but it's what
    > the military gives me to work with.

    This is the Backup Exec for NetWare forum. You need to post this
    question over in the Windows forum:

    http://forums.symantec.com/discussio...a?categoryID=1

+ Reply to Thread